Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallout: New Vegas [ Pics, Details, Discussion ]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just hope it looks better than the screenshots. they look like mods for fallout 3

Comment

I wasn't really a huge fan of fallout 3, it was good but I "only" managed to do about 30 hours worth of gameplay before getting bored the story was good but I found the side missions less than thrilling (personally) and having put over 200+ hours in oblivion fallout was too similar for me to really invest in.

I might pick up new vegas eventually but it's not on my radar for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        I wasn't really a huge fan of fallout 3, it was good but I "only" managed to do about 30 hours worth of gameplay before getting bored the story was good but I found the side missions less than thrilling (personally) and having put over 200+ hours in oblivion fallout was too similar for me to really invest in.

Main story in oblivion sucked ass out of a straw. Fallout 3 had a great main story, how did you like the tranquility lane getting to be a kid with a slasher mask killing everybody for the hell of it

Loved Oblivion but doesn't come close to Fallout 3, the armors in oblivion were nasty too. some green nasty frog like light armor WTF? You should get out and explorer, great side missions. Get all the bobbleheads and unique weapons, you'll see som great gameplay also do all the major sidequest. Then you'll also hear 3 dawg on the radio comment on it depending on how you choose to do the missions.

As said, I'm seriously hyped about New Vegas, they got BIG shoes to fill.

Comment

Champ! Oblivion was sick!

Have you seen the monsters and weapons/armor with your level in the late 20's on oblivion?

Comment

Then I jizzed in my pants.

Comment

I can't wait for this game. Might as well give it the "game of the year" award now

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1S View Post
                Then I jizzed in my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                  Champ! Oblivion was sick!

Have you seen the monsters and weapons/armor with your level in the late 20's on oblivion?
                  Yeah, something like that. I like Daedric though, that armor kick ass. Only thing I don't like is how common it is. Kinda take my advantage away on the higher difficulty. Usually I would just get 100% camouflage and I would rape anybody on the highest difficulty Loved the side missions the world ESPECIALLY shivering isles! The main story however bored the **** out of me.

Go fetch this from a cave, go into this oblivion gate, go talk to this town so that they can be your ally, go fetch this for'em in a cave, go to another oblivion gate.

I do hear they're planning on making Oblivion V Gonna be epic..!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post

i agree. both oblivion and fallout are great games but oblivion is easily the greatest game made for along time.

Comment

We've already seen the (pretty bad) preview of Fallout: New Vegas from OXM UK. Fortunately, its US counterpart is much better written. Most of the info is old, but here's some new stuff:

* Character creation is virtually identical to Fallout 3, with cosmetic changes like the Gene Projector being replaced by ReflectionTM, "You're SPECIAL!" by Vit-o-Matic machine and GOAT by a psychological test
                      * The local super mutants are pretty tough and will keep you from wandering aimlessly in the early portions of the game - they tend to be tougher even than deathclaws
                      * Sunny Smiles' dog is named Cheyenne. They'll assist you with the Powder Gangers in the Ghost Town Firefight quest if you help her kill some geckos.
                      * The Varmint Rifle is a low-power .22 that does significant damage to limbs and has a high critical bonus
                      * If your Barter skill is high enough, Chet the shopkeeper give you the 9-Iron golf club and some weapon mods
                      * Every skill will have use in conversations at various points
                      * Each firearm has a maximum of three modification slots. Once you affix a mod to a gun, it's permanent. Hunting Rifle modification examples given are scope, custom action and extended clip.
                      * Temporary followers, like the Goodsprings folks that can help you defeat the Powder Gangers, will also be controlled through the companion wheel
                      * Concept art of Hoover Dam and screenshots of the Black Mountain radio tower and the character standing inside the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur shown
                      * With high local reputation at Goodsprings, you'll get a free bed to sleep in and a discount at the store
                      * Neil, a super mutant who hates Tabitha, can help you storm the mountain
                      * Tabitha is actually a male super mutant gone completely insane
                      * "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills
                      * There's a rollercoaster in Primm
                      * The combat gameplay was tweaked to be more first-person-shootery

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...out:_New_Vegas

Comment

Working...
                      X