No announcement yet.

A change of pace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
    Sorry Pork Chop, metabolisms are different but I have to stand by my statement that calories (energy you consume) in versus calories out (energy you burn) is what determines wieght loss or gain.
    Yeah, I'm still gonna eat less; I just don't have a lot of faith in my body.
    My girl and I have been picking apart my bad habits one by one in order to find places for improvement; one of those areas being portion control.

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
    Hey Po Chop...(eric)
    Swimming as you probably know is the least invasive on joints. I too feel as if I can get worn down and need a break. Its overtraining and age. See my thread about the great supplement for joints. I like the idea of totally switching up your routine. The body needs a shock every once and a while.

Good luck,
    dan
    Thanks
    I'm gonna check out the joint supplement as soon as I pay some bills.
    I've got some of it covered already with fish oil, flax seed oil, chondroitin, glucosamine, and msm.

I think certain exercises are better at dropping fat for certain predisposed people.
    I know plenty of people that need to jog every day to maintain weight, even with a restricted diet, and a rigorous boxing schedule.
    Until my weight gets to a point that problems with my leg don't prevent me from jogging, I really think swimming's the way to go.
    With watching what I eat and being able to sleep better, I'm really excited about my prospects for the next four months.
    I'll check back in on this thread after a month or so (starting next week) to update on how it's going.

Comment

Just checking in.
      It's still early, but I've made drastic changes to my diet and have been swimming every day this week.
      I can feel a huge change, but I'm waiting till a week from Saturday to weigh myself.

The only diet recommendation I haven't met is the "no eating 4 hours before bed", coz it usually works out to 2 or 3 hours before bed; or if i wake up in the middle of the night starving - i'll have a small salad and go back to bed an hour later.

Also, I been drinking a lot of protein shakes so i don't lose too much muscle - dunno if that violates the milk thing. In the past I've had a bad habit of losing a ton of muscle whenever I cut weight and I'm trying to avoid that.

Swimming is fun. Four mornings this week, four mornings next week, 5 the following 2 weeks, and then I'll start adding additional swim sessions from 5:30pm to 7 after that.

Lifting weights & doing light boxing workouts 2~3 times a week with my coworker in the evenings as well.

I have high hopes that I'll see a huge change by Sept 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
        Yeah, I have no plans of starving myself again. I mentioned it because I have a feeling that the damage has already been done as far as my metabolism being ridiculously slow.

I take fish oil capsuls every night. There's flax oil mixed in there too. They help my joints.

I love fruits and veggies; I eat them every day.
        My girl's Japanese. She doesn't let me go a meal without a big helping of vegetables.
        I eat seafood probably more than your average american.
        I do skip out on the white rice (white breads as well).

My diet this year has been really clean compared to my past; but I don't deny that I've got a lot of work to do.

I think I'm just getting really excited to swim and getting back into swim team kinda shape.
        u lucky bastard, japanese birds are the best

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
        Hey Po Chop...(eric)

Swimming as you probably know is the least invasive on joints. I too feel as if I can get worn down and need a break. Its overtraining and age. See my thread about the great supplement for joints. I like the idea of totally switching up your routine. The body needs a shock every once and a while.

Good luck,
        dan
        i'm older than both u guys, when u get into ur 30's u need to take more time to rest after really hard training. u can't go hard every day, at least i can't anymore. as u get older u can still train hard and be in awesome shape but it takes more planning. i know one thing, though, coming down in weight 40 lbs or so isn't as easy as it is for a 20 year old

Comment

Working...
        X