Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: McGregor Sparring Looked Bad, Mayweather Batters Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conner could look great in sparring and Floyd would still school him like a kindergarten child.

Comment

Boxing fans know it's a circus. There are actually some UFC casuals who don't, and think that Conor has a chance of winning.

Hardcore MMA fans know what's up, even if some of them do believe that guys like the Diaz brothers could be world level boxers.

I would much prefer if McGregor fought someone like Frankie Gavin or Brad Soloman. Either guy would absolutely humiliate him in a boxing match. Something like that would really hammer home how big the gap is between world level boxers and guys in the UFC who are essentially novices. Floyd destroying him doesn't have the same effect.

Comment

The media is making this seem like it's a 50/50. He's not a boxer. And now more boxers are saying what will happen. Before long, the UFC cats will be weighing in on the beat down that Conor will takes. This is just a paycheck. He's smart. He knows his shelf life. I kind of admire it.

Comment

Even if you don't like Floyd Mayweather, if you're a true boxing fan, you should be rooting for Floyd to utterly destroy McGregor.

It bothers me that Boxing is not viewed as a "tough" sport, or a professional sport where anyone off the street can just walk into a gym and be automatically good. Boxing is not getting near the credit it deserves and neither of the boxers. Anyone involved with boxing should take huge offense to Dana White, Joe Rogan, Conor McGregor and any other MMA personality/professional who truly, truly believes that McGregor has a legit chance to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            The gloves will make it even harder for Connor to land. Boxing gloves are bulky and they slow a punch down, but they also have more surface area to make punches easier to block and catch.

The only thing that would make the fight interesting is McGregor would threaten to kick him in the buildup so people would watch because of the chance that McGregor will foul to get out of the fight.
            Ya if that happens it will look like the Ortiz fight though. Ref breaks it up and Floyd knocks his ass out.

That or Connor gets arrested for assault. No joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Thutch2412 View Post
              Even if you don't like Floyd Mayweather, if you're a true boxing fan, you should be rooting for Floyd to utterly destroy McGregor.

It bothers me that Boxing is not viewed as a "tough" sport, or a professional sport where anyone off the street can just walk into a gym and be automatically good. Boxing is not getting near the credit it deserves and neither of the boxers. Anyone involved with boxing should take huge offense to Dana White, Joe Rogan, Conor McGregor and any other MMA personality/professional who truly, truly believes that McGregor has a legit chance to beat Mayweather.
              This this this. Green K. Casuals have forgot how tough boxers actually are since Tyson. Mayweather is a once in a generation talent. He wipes the floor with any BOXER let alone some MMA wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                This circus wont sell nearly as much as you think. Theres no intrigue and no chance to see Floyd losing (one of the reasons a lot of people paid for Floyds snoozefests)

The only fans paying for this match will be dumbassed MMA fans and a few hardcore *****s
                I respectfully disagree... By the time they get done with the preview shows, and WWE-style pressers and interviews, even some boxing "fans" will believe CM has a shot at catching Floyd with something and shocking the world. This doesn't even include the MILLIONS of MMA fans who already think CM is gonna win no matter what. This will sell - Floyd wouldn't be involved with anything that doesn't make money, and this my friend, is gonna make BIG money.

Comment

Yall keep asking why is this fight being made lol. So y'all don't remember all the hundreds of threads on here saying Floyd was scared and would get whooped by Rousey and McGregor? Don't play stupid now, it's run for him to take his whooping for all that talking.

Comment

I could name so many reasons as to why this fight is great for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      This circus wont sell nearly as much as you think. Theres no intrigue and no chance to see Floyd losing (one of the reasons a lot of people paid for Floyds snoozefests)

The only fans paying for this match will be dumbassed MMA fans and a few hardcore *****s
                      As long as the athletes get paid there guarantee I doubt they care

Comment

Working...
                      X