Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I'd like to see the proof
    you aint getting my paypal statements

but, assuming we are talking about getting up the promoter rankings (which doesnt really mean anything really - the game can still be enjoyed just playing your own game, having your own targets and not worrying about the big boys), the way you get the most points is...

1) Making profits on shows
    2) Putting on big PPV events and selling lots of PPV

spending money is not going to teach you how to do either.

having said that, if you are good at the game and spend money, you will probably do better than someone who is good at the game and doesnt spend money.

spending money and not having any idea about tactics etc will not help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
      you aint getting my paypal statements

but, assuming we are talking about getting up the promoter rankings (which doesnt really mean anything really - the game can still be enjoyed just playing your own game, having your own targets and not worrying about the big boys), the way you get the most points is...

1) Making profits on shows
      2) Putting on big PPV events and selling lots of PPV

spending money is not going to teach you how to do either.

having said that, if you are good at the game and spend money, you will probably do better than someone who is good at the game and doesnt spend money.

spending money and not having any idea about tactics etc will not help at all.
      No proof so I'm not buying your statement. Especially on the original rooq game which started you off with limited funds and there was only a limited amount you could make, in terms of profit, by using those funds.

Pay to win and until proven otherwise I don't believe what you said previously.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        No proof so I'm not buying your statement. Especially on the original rooq game which started you off with limited funds and there was only a limited amount you could make, in terms of profit, by using those funds.

Pay to win and until proven otherwise I don't believe what you said previously.
        ok. but thanks for a few thread bumps. it disappears off the front page after a couple of minutes so this helps me get more views, some of which whom will sign up for the game and spend £s thinking it will help them "win"

Comment

Comment

Tried to get into this again, had one card & than didn't have time to keep up. If you ever make a slower timed version of this or I go back to having the responsibilities & free time of a 12 year old I'm in. Just too much going on for me. I'd have loved this back when I was 12 doe. Good luck with this brother.

Comment

Okay...I stopped playing Rooq's because there was no app development for mobile...is this more of the same?

Also...people paying exhorbant amount of cash for the Tyson clones - but that didn't bother me too much, I had a decent stable. But is there some equity built into this game that killed Rooq's?

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                Okay...I stopped playing Rooq's because there was no app development for mobile...is this more of the same?

Also...people paying exhorbant amount of cash for the Tyson clones - but that didn't bother me too much, I had a decent stable. But is there some equity built into this game that killed Rooq's?
                i tried to make this more mobile friendly, but its still not as easy as playing on desktop. i can do small tasks quite easily - its not quite as fiddly as the screens are responsive so collapse columns so they appear one after another on a mobile device, and grids also collapse and become expandable. but there are issues with scrolling which can be frustrating and i'm still trying to fix.

in terms of equality, i have tried to learn from what killed the old game and there are several things which should mean you dont have a "runaway" clique of promoters owning 90% of the best fighters:

1) No clones. every fighter is auto generated and with there being a fully simulated amateur world, most of the "world class" fighters will have had a few years amateur experience behind them. also means you have a more naturally evolving game

2) hidden stats. apart from the higher class fighters stats are hidden and require scouting. therefore you cant just search for 900+ power every day and put 1 million rq on a fighter to grab him. often you will be able to scout and sign a quality fighter without any rivals. this should keep the rooqflation down.

3) discerning fighters. not all fighters want to go to the highest bidding promoter. depending on their personality they might want to go for a local promoter in their own country, or they want a promoter with a proven track record of getting title shots, or they might want a promoter who constantly gets his fighters competitive matchups

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
                  i tried to make this more mobile friendly, but its still not as easy as playing on desktop. i can do small tasks quite easily - its not quite as fiddly as the screens are responsive so collapse columns so they appear one after another on a mobile device, and grids also collapse and become expandable. but there are issues with scrolling which can be frustrating and i'm still trying to fix.

in terms of equality, i have tried to learn from what killed the old game and there are several things which should mean you dont have a "runaway" clique of promoters owning 90% of the best fighters:

1) No clones. every fighter is auto generated and with there being a fully simulated amateur world, most of the "world class" fighters will have had a few years amateur experience behind them. also means you have a more naturally evolving game

2) hidden stats. apart from the higher class fighters stats are hidden and require scouting. therefore you cant just search for 900+ power every day and put 1 million rq on a fighter to grab him. often you will be able to scout and sign a quality fighter without any rivals. this should keep the rooqflation down.

3) discerning fighters. not all fighters want to go to the highest bidding promoter. depending on their personality they might want to go for a local promoter in their own country, or they want a promoter with a proven track record of getting title shots, or they might want a promoter who constantly gets his fighters competitive matchups
                  Cool, I like these - I'll check it out

Have you thought about just development of an iOS/Android app first and scrap web browser games altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    Cool, I like these - I'll check it out

Have you thought about just development of an iOS/Android app first and scrap web browser games altogether?
                    I'll keep the browser games but I have started learning how to do an offline desktop version of this game. Then if that goes OK, I'll be trying to convert to Android and Windows mobile.

I'd have to buy or borrow a mac to do an iOS version so that will come last.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X