Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just exactly how dangerous is it to live in Argentina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that place looks nothing like a prison and looks to be in way better condition than the section 8 housing projects we have here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Appreciate the heads up. Shame about the weather but it's for a possible short-term work project, 16 to 25 days out there and that's one of the hotels I could choose from out of a few suggestions. Not set in stone though, if I can get a different project arranged in a sunny country around the same time I might try do that instead.
      Yeah, unfortunately you won't be chilling in that awesome pool in June lol. ive been in Chile during that time and it's cold, around 0-10 Celsius, dark and rainy. The weather is the same in Argentina around that time. That being said I'd advise going. You will love it and have a great time, the city is incredible with great food, women, bars. Arguably the best city in South America.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        You're thinking Velenzuela.
        LOL @ ignorants like this

'Velenzuela' lmaoooo

The world is full of these type of people

Comment

Every place has it's dangerous places.
          I remember being in Brussels and seeing lots of glass from broken car windows on the street. The locals said there was a huge crime wave as of late, and many cars were being stolen, and people being mugged.

When I was in Argentina a few years ago, I remember being pretty safe. Felt safer than, but then again I wasn't in the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
            Every place has it's dangerous places.
            I remember being in Brussels and seeing lots of glass from broken car windows on the street. The locals said there was a huge crime wave as of late, and many cars were being stolen, and people being mugged.

When I was in Argentina a few years ago, I remember being pretty safe. Felt safer than, but then again I wasn't in the hood.
            I think for guys like us coming from North America, where people are murdered indiscriminately, places in Europe and wealthy places in South America are relatively safe in comparison. The only difference I notice is the amount of petty crime in places like Barcelona, Paris, Athens, Santiago, etc. there are a lot of swindlers in those places but they're not violent. I think most of us are up on our toes and alert when we travel, so we'd never be victimized in those places but it happens to many. I much prefer that "danger," to the type we face here.

Comment

If I go to South America I will be strapped the **** up.

Flak jacket and everything. Grenades even. **** with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                If I go to South America I will be strapped the **** up.

Flak jacket and everything. Grenades even. **** with me.
                I'd recommend that hardware if you go to Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela

Comment

Originally posted by SUCIO416 View Post
                  LOL @ ignorants like this

'Velenzuela' lmaoooo

The world is full of these type of people
                  The most violent place on earth currently is Venezuela.

PROVEA figures provided in the UN's 2014 Global Homicide Book put Venezuela's homicide rate at 53.7 murders per 100,000 inhabitants in 2012, closer to the Venezuelan government's 2012 estimate, but still the second highest peacetime murder rate in the world after Honduras (estimated at 90.4)
                  I know a little about violence seeing that I grew up in Matamoros, MX.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    I'd recommend that hardware if you go to Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela
                    My friend was like "I would love to go to Colombia" and I told him what you said how it's dangerous. He was like 'nah!'

I'll see his head on a lamp post. "Thought it was safe doe" on a piece of wood written in a sharpie.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      The most violent place on earth currently is Venezuela.

I know a little about violence seeing that I grew up in Matamoros, MX.
                      He nit picked the typo of Venezuela, not the actual truth of your statement.
                      Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      My friend was like "I would love to go to Colombia" and I told him what you said how it's dangerous. He was like 'nah!'

I'll see his head on a lamp post. "Thought it was safe doe" on a piece of wood written in a sharpie.
                      Cartagena is pretty safe nowadays but I'd stay the **** away from Medellin and Cali. Look up Scopolamine. It's a major problem in Colombia and now Ecuador. They target tourists with it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X