No announcement yet.

Vasily Jirov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I always liked Tiozzo, and though I don't recall watching him fight many times he was entertaining. I'd lean towards Jirov more out of bias than anything else. I just don't recall and haven't seen enough of Tiozzo to make an honest assessment of this fight.
    I would also pick Jirov, but because he was a natural CW

it would have been a great fight while it lasted

Comment

Jirov also f ucked up Joe Mesi, let's not forget.

Comment

Watched the Toney fight again last night, man Jirov was some kinda Tough....

GREAT fight too

BTW quick question who do people feel if anyone was/is a better counter puncher than James Toney? The stuff he showed vs Barkley was unreal and probably the best ive seen (and yes i realize this is a Jirov thread!)

Comment

top 15 guy at that weight.

his war with toney is still to this day one of the most memorable figthts for me, personally.

Comment

I used to spar Vasiily back in the days when he was promoted by Top Rank, and at that time he was being trained by Scott Ardrey who also trained "little but bad" Stevie Johnston. He was very strong but not a very big puncher but if you let him work your body you would find yourself very tired after a few rounds, and he was harder to hit clean than he looks because of his curved shoulders and he was always coming forward. he was also a very nice guy but you would never know it because he was very quite and he always had a very serious look on his face if he did not know you.

Comment

Working...
            X