NSB Pick 'em 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Yeah. I'm in.

$5-20 is chump change, I don't see why anyone would have issues with that, especially since this is BallingScene, everyone is a baller

Ball so hard mother****ers tryna fine me, but first posters gotta find me. What's $50 dollars to a baller like me, can you please remind me?
    Let me get mine before you guards beat my azz
    Trust me, I'll get down..,

Comment

• How come groves eubank isn't stickied? Surely that's one of the best ones to do a pick em on?

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        How come groves eubank isn't stickied? Surely that's one of the best ones to do a pick em on?
        They are I don't know why its not stickied.I found it on 4th page yesterday and gave it a bump.But yea people are going to miss out with it being so lost.

Comment

• I just went back and read the rules. Needing 12 points difference for a WIDE decision is too much. Groves beat Eubank wide, but only got 11 points on the cards. So by this definition you're gonna say it was CLOSE? I feel 12 is too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Willie View Post
            I just went back and read the rules. Needing 12 points difference for a WIDE decision is too much. Groves beat Eubank wide, but only got 11 points on the cards. So by this definition you're gonna say it was CLOSE? I feel 12 is too much.
            There was 115-113 and 116-112 cards, that's not wide.

Comment

I just went back and read the rules. Needing 12 points difference for a WIDE decision is too much. Groves beat Eubank wide, but only got 11 points on the cards. So by this definition you're gonna say it was CLOSE? I feel 12 is too much.
              The cards were close, but the fight was not. 11 pts wouldn't normally look as one-sided as this fight went. An example of a 12-pt fight is Garcia-Guerrero, which felt closer than this one.

Really the 115-113 was just not a good card and throws the scoring off from wide to close.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to changing the cutoff if enough people would like to though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                There was 115-113 and 116-112 cards, that's not wide.
                Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                The cards were close, but the fight was not. 11 pts wouldn't normally look as one-sided as this fight went. An example of a 12-pt fight is Garcia-Guerrero, which felt closer than this one.

Really the 115-113 was just not a good card and throws the scoring off from wide to close.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to changing the cutoff if enough people would like to though.
                Personally I'd say 9+ points is WIDE. An average of 3+ points across the board. When I think about a CLOSE decision, you're talking 1 or 2 points difference. Calling a fight with more than 10 points difference CLOSE that we know would have been wider if scored correctly is just wrong.

We literally just watched George Groves win WIDE, but going off the definition you're going to award it a CLOSE decision? Do either of you really think George Groves just won a close fight? I've seen it labelled as an exposure of Eubank Jr., and a masterclass of boxing to instructions from Groves.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

Big problem with the leaderboard dude

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

IMO it should stay how it is, if you change a close decision from 12 points or less to 10 points or less it's up to you, not too big of a change and I wouldn't have a big issue with it but just feel like the problem here is that the scorecard was a bad one like you say, not that the rules of the prediction league are off. Something like that will probably happen in a future fight with a card being too wide and then maybe people might want to have it changed again.

Comment

Personally I'd say 9+ points is WIDE. An average of 3+ points across the board. When I think about a CLOSE decision, you're talking 1 or 2 points difference. Calling a fight with more than 10 points difference CLOSE that we know would have been wider if scored correctly is just wrong.

We literally just watched George Groves win WIDE, but going off the definition you're going to award it a CLOSE decision? Do either of you really think George Groves just won a close fight? I've seen it labelled as an exposure of Eubank Jr., and a masterclass of boxing to instructions from Groves.
                      If the judges gave one more round to Groves it would have been wide. I believe the judge who gave it 115-113 was wrong not the rules of NSB pick em.

Comment

Working...
                      X