No announcement yet.

vargas vs wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vargas vs wright

i figure since both guys are retired and a majority of the NSB crowd wasnt following boxing when this fight actually went down, that i would post it here.

how did you score it? i always have this one 7-5 either way or a draw. after tonights viewing, i had it 114-114. wright taking 4 of the first 6, vargas taking 4 of the last 6.

i know some people call this one a robbery, but for me its always close and always a damn good fight. shame they didnt have a rematch

I thought Winky was ahead on points. But it doesn't rate very high on the robbery meter.

Comment

^^^^^^
      Same here.

Comment

Winky by a shade, but not a robbery,, Vargas was much busier, winky was the better defender but really could never have clear cut control during the fight.. Winky was more economic in his punch output but was accurate, Vargas was just letting it fly and winky blocked a great deal but could never counter enough to take clear control and Vargas won a close decision...
        I think the winky-Taylor fight was a worse decision than this.. I felt winky clearly beat jermain and should have been lineal mw champ

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Winky by a shade, but not a robbery,, Vargas was much busier, winky was the better defender but really could never have clear cut control during the fight.. Winky was more economic in his punch output but was accurate, Vargas was just letting it fly and winky blocked a great deal but could never counter enough to take clear control and Vargas won a close decision...
          I think the winky-Taylor fight was a worse decision than this.. I felt winky clearly beat jermain and should have been lineal mw champ
          As I remember Winky took his foot off the gas pedal late in both those fights. When you're not the HBO house fighter you can't afford to do that.

Comment

Vargas shaded it imo.. Scott's got it right

But yes, he was robbed against Taylor

Comment

I thought Wright got shorted by the judges against Vargas and JC Vazquez.

Comment

Originally posted by J-champ View Post
                I thought Wright got shorted by the judges against Vargas and JC Vazquez.
                Im pretty sure in the vasquez fight that JC scored like 4 or 5 kds vs winky,, I think 2 or 3 were legit and some of the others were off balance, but nonetheless he had 5 kds scored against him,,, Hard to win a decision when you give up 5 kds, so i dont understand how you can think the judges shorted winky

Comment

Im pretty sure in the vasquez fight that JC scored like 4 or 5 kds vs winky,, I think 2 or 3 were legit and some of the others were off balance, but nonetheless he had 5 kds scored against him,,, Hard to win a decision when you give up 5 kds, so i dont understand how you can think the judges shorted winky
                  I remember people at first having not seen the Vasquz v. Winkey fight thought it wasn't possable to see Winky get knocked down so many times.

Imo, i dont think we every really see Winkys full skills on display. He was such a good boxer when he used his legs and moved a little, but i guess in his big fights he felt he couldn't afford to move so much.

As for the Vargas v. Winky fight i think Vargas won it in the Championship rounds. And as was mentioned Winky had a bad habit of taking off the last couple of rounds. But when he was up against Vargas, Vargas closed the show.

And lets not forget Vargas was headed to court in few days after the fight, possably headed to jail.

Comment

Winky was robbed blind

Comment

Working...
                    X