Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the best version of Wladimir we will ever see. How will he do vs 97-00 Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Lewis still wins a stoppage

Wlad looks great... but look who he's fightin
    But with whom fought Lewis? terribly overrated 90's boxers... Klitschko would UD most of them easily!

Comment

Lewis has the 84 inch reach, is roughly the same height as Wlad, same size.

With the height and reach, that means Wlad can't just jump back like he did against Haye, etc. When a smaller man came at him Wlad would fight tall and take a step back to get outta range. With Lewis, he'd wouldn't be able to fight tall. Lewis' jab would trouble him.

I think Wladimir's only chance of winning is by knockout, using his great power to put Lewis down for 10. But would Wlad have the proper mentality in the fight to be that aggressive? Plus all of Wlad's power punches come after multiple jabs, with Lewis more than likely outjabbing the jabber, who knows how Wlad would react to that. How difficult would it be for Wlad to let off a big time right hand? He never leads with the right, always off the jab.

I think Lewis gets the decision against the best version of Wladimir, 116-112. A fully fit, prime Lewis with that jab in it's prime too.

Comment

Lewis would break down Wlad and knock him out.

Comment

Even Steward said that Wladimir is the most talented fighter he ever had. Lennox would definitely beat the 2003-2005 Wladimir. But I can't see him beating the current Wladimir.

Styles make fights, I don't believe Lewis' style would cause any problem to today's Wlad. Povetkin would give Wlad more problems. Don't get me wrong, Lewis would be the favourite against Povetkin.

Wlad struggles with fast combo fighters.

Comment

it's hard. Lewis's chin is more glass than Wlad's. At least Wlad got up from all his KO's whereas Lewis was damn near asleep. I'd still pick Lewis maybe 70/30 but Wlad could easily spark him out cold whereas I feel like if Lewis dropped Wlad, Wlad could get up. But Wlad has more 1 punch knockout power (by a tiny bit) in his right hand and left hook so if he land on Lewis I think Lewis is going to sleep. Wlad has better recuperating abilities.

Comment

The only time Lewis got KTFO was when he didn't take fights seriously, he proved so in the rematches.

People are delusional if they think Wlad can avoid Lewis' punches the entire fight, the first punch he gets hit with he's getting hurt. Dude still has a glass chin as proven by his recent fight with Wach, the guys he's facing are so bad they can't expose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                Even Steward said that Wladimir is the most talented fighter he ever had.

When he was still Wlads trainer...

Don't get me wrong, Lewis would be the favourite against Povetkin.
                Oh god... thanks for clearing that up

Comment

This fight would be a chess match. Wlad to take out Lewis late in the fight after a short series of one-two's finally catches Lewis flush on the chin and leaves him knocked out cold on the canvas. Wlad 11 rd KO.

Comment

Even Steward said that Wladimir is the most talented fighter he ever had. Lennox would definitely beat the 2003-2005 Wladimir. But I can't see him beating the current Wladimir.

Styles make fights, I don't believe Lewis' style would cause any problem to today's Wlad. Povetkin would give Wlad more problems. Don't get me wrong, Lewis would be the favourite against Povetkin.

Wlad struggles with fast combo fighters.
                    I don't care what Steward Said he's wrong. Besides he was probably saying it without believing it just to boost Wlad or promote him. Hearns was definitely more talented than Wlad. Better puncher, better speed, better jab, better footwork, better combinations, better body puncher, better power p4p, probably even a better chin. No sane person thinks Wlad is more talented than Hearns.
                    Last edited by stefl14; 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Lennox by stoppage. A higher class of fighter IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X