No announcement yet.

The Battle of Bettondorf: Nunn vs Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
    Once again, you've managed to agitate one or two more posters with your should've gone to spec savers opinion...Really is becoming quite nauseous, obviously never been in the ring yourself, and it bloody well shows too!
    Superb boxer though he is, was a pitter pat puncher, got tagged a couple of times in the 5th, and his guard wasn't pathetic but poor enough, so that every time Toney connected on of his gloves, Johnson hit himself bang in the face....Similar stuff in the 6th too, Johnson needing the ropes for assistance etc

Sorry old son, but you're opinion's just been blown right out the window
    Because Toney is a darling to you lot and you go so far to defend his honour you literally make **** up.

"The best thing Johnson did in round 5 was make it out standing"

What kind of straight up fantasy is that? Johnson was never buzzed in the entire fight much less hurt.

Right so you are now giving credit for shots on the gloves. Righttttttt. And it's me that hasn't been in a ring?

Johnson a pitty pat puncher you say? Ok that's funny because those pity pats dropped Toney like a sack of **** in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Because Toney is a darling to you lot and you go so far to defend his honour you literally make **** up.

"The best thing Johnson did in round 5 was make it out standing"

What kind of straight up fantasy is that? Johnson was never buzzed in the entire fight much less hurt.

Right so you are now giving credit for shots on the gloves. Righttttttt. And it's me that hasn't been in a ring?

Johnson a pitty pat puncher you say? Ok that's funny because those pity pats dropped Toney like a sack of **** in the second round.
      Yes, as already said, I gave him the first four, but unlike your good self, am nowhere near narcissistic enough to spend all night making myself blind winding old fights backwards & forwards til I go cuckoo

Regards
      Last edited by mickey malone; 02-08-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, as already said, I gave him the first four, but unlike your good self, am nowhere near narcissistic enough to spend all night making myself blind winding old fights backwards & forwards til I go cuckoo

Regards
        I have no issue with you giving Toney round 5. I gave it Johnson but it wasn't as one sided as the first 4 yes.

But "the best thing Johnson did was make it out the round standing"

That **** is nothing more than fantasy and just totally untrue. You are going around saying my opinion has been out the water, it's nonsense, you are saying **** that did not happen.

Comment

I have no issue with you giving Toney round 5. I gave it Johnson but it wasn't as one sided as the first 4 yes.

But "the best thing Johnson did was make it out the round standing"

That **** is nothing more than fantasy and just totally untrue. You are going around saying my opinion has been out the water, it's nonsense, you are saying **** that did not happen.
          Like Johnson winning the first 6 rounds you mean

Comment

Like Johnson winning the first 6 rounds you mean
            No because that at the very least can be argued.

Saying the best thing he did was make it out the round on his feet is a total fallacy.

It implies Johnson was badly hurt, he wasn't.

It implies Toney dominated the round, he didn't.

It implies Toney did substational damage, he didn't.

You literally just made it up out of thin air. At no point in the fight was Johnson wobbled or buzzed much less badly hurt.

Your opinion expired from there.

Comment

Johnson is more skilled. Well, IMO Johnson is more skilled and he most certainly showed that in their fight. Showed it against a common opponent in Williams and hell, even showed it with Roy Jones despite both losing wide. Showed it throughout the 90's.

How am I exaggerating. Johnson CLEARLY won the first 5 rounds easily. Do you deny that?

I never said anyone was outraged that Toney won. Why put words in my mouth? Are you female? If not why all the feminine traits? "Hate" "Biased" you sound like my wife when she still got her periods.

What I said was; "a lot of people thought Johnson won" which is the truth. I never said Johnson was robbed. But regardless of the decision one thing is certain and that is Johnson made Toney look foolish throughout the entire fight. Even the rounds he lost.

No mate YOU are the one with the mind boggling opinion. Nothing to be critisized for? Laughable. What's next Roy Jones has nothing to be critiszied about his performance against Tarver? Andre Ward has nothing to be critsized for for his performance against Kovalev 1?

I don't hate Toney and I'm not biased regarding him I have already gone into detail to prove that I'm not. I'm sorry my objectivity hurts your feelings.
              The bold....don't date yourself Dan!

Reggie won the first four at least, I don't remember who won the fifth, but thats not an entire fight...besides I don't think badly of Johnson, a hell of a fighter, just think Toney accomplished a lot more and won that fight with more activity, harder punches. Nobody looked foolish in that fight both guys were young fighters, both showed a lot of poise actually.

No Dan...objective is not the right noun dude. YOur not hurting my feelings please by all means continue to deny what virtually everyone notices here with you regarding Toney, its no skin off my back, I just tend to call em how I see em. is that feminine? thats Mills baby, the ref Judge of nevada!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                The bold....don't date yourself Dan!

Reggie won the first four at least, I don't remember who won the fifth, but thats not an entire fight...besides I don't think badly of Johnson, a hell of a fighter, just think Toney accomplished a lot more and won that fight with more activity, harder punches. Nobody looked foolish in that fight both guys were young fighters, both showed a lot of poise actually.

No Dan...objective is not the right noun dude. YOur not hurting my feelings please by all means continue to deny what virtually everyone notices here with you regarding Toney, its no skin off my back, I just tend to call em how I see em. is that feminine? thats Mills baby, the ref Judge of nevada!
                I never said Reggie accomplished more than Toney. Toney accomplished more by far but as far as skills go Reggie is more skilled IN MY OPINION and at the very least on that particular night it was clear who the more skilled man was again ON THE NIGHT.

Making someone miss as wildly as Johnson made Toney miss is making someone look foolish. Lighting him up with combinations is making someone look foolish. Johnson did that to Toney.

Toney won the fight, fair do's I won't argue with the decision. No robbery. But Johnson made Toney look foolish for large spells, that happened.

Again if me telling the truth about a fighter and me not buying into this romanticized fantasy where James Toney is this amazingly great fighter makes me biased then so be it. Couldn't care less. I'm more than fair with Toney, i give credit where it's due. Like I have already said if I was biased I could be unfair and give no credit for all the fights you could argue he lost before he was shot, there's over 10 of them.

Comment

No because that at the very least can be argued.

Saying the best thing he did was make it out the round on his feet is a total fallacy.

It implies Johnson was badly hurt, he wasn't.

It implies Toney dominated the round, he didn't.

It implies Toney did substational damage, he didn't.

You literally just made it up out of thin air. At no point in the fight was Johnson wobbled or buzzed much less badly hurt.

Your opinion expired from there.
                  Makes my opinion much equivalent to your last appointment at Specsavers

Comment

Makes my opinion much equivalent to your last appointment at Specsavers
                    So you are now doing what you said I was doing What a joker.

Do you stand by the statment "the best thing Johnson did in round 5 was make it out the round still standing?" Or are you going to admit it is a total fabrication?

Comment

So you are now doing what you said I was doing What a joker.

Do you stand by the statment "the best thing Johnson did in round 5 was make it out the round still standing?" Or are you going to admit it is a total fabrication?
                      Bats has already been helpful enough to post us the video on page 6, the video to which you retorted., 'What am I seeing?''

Johnson moved and countered well for the first couple of minutes or so and was winning the round quite handily.
                      Then with just over a minute and a half to go, while coming off the ropes got caught with a well timed right, buzzed and clearly looked hurt. Only the fact, Toney (WHY I don't know!) paused to adjust his jockstrap,
                      that Johnson was able to recover in time. He still lost that round though

Comment

Working...
                      X