Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Worse, Claiming "154-168 Easy" or Fighting a 1lb Over Your Famed Weight Class?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Worse, Claiming "154-168 Easy" or Fighting a 1lb Over Your Famed Weight Class?

I don't understand why Golovkin fans care so much about Canelo having fought at 155 when guys like Lara, Angulo, Kirkland had fought above 155 before Canelo, with those guys having more than 11 plus fights. Were Lara, Kirkland, Angulo known as Super Welters or Middleweights if they have double digit fights above 154?

We got Nelo who said he would move up to 160 in an October 2015 interview. He fights at 160 in 2017. Kept his promise...

Whereas Golovkin since 2013 saod 154-168 was easy. I'm still trying to figure out how Golovkin fans justify that? Why was Alvarez used to steer Golovkin away from 168? We all know Golovkin drains to make 160.
    Last edited by Lester Tutor; 01-17-2018, 05:25 AM.

He stayed at 160 to get all the belts. It is his "dream".

Comment

Gennady and his team have been positioning themselves for the last couple years to make the biggest financial fight they could ( Canelo & Cotto) which they eventually did and will probably get a rematch

There was no body at 168 or 154 who could bring the $ to the table like Canelo or Cotto. I'm sure if there was someone who could and wanted the fight Gennady would have went up or down

That's a whole lot better then a fighter who just makes up his own weight class because he thinks he's bigger then the sport

Comment

all of my amateur bouts were at Super Heavyweight (I'm really tall) so I can't really relate. I tried once to cut down to 198 for a heavyweight match, but i just left behind too much size and strength.
        Last edited by _Rexy_; 01-17-2018, 06:51 AM. Reason: said "Cruiserweight" instead of Heavyweight. Stupid amateur differences

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Gennady and his team have been positioning themselves for the last couple years to make the biggest financial fight they could ( Canelo & Cotto) which they eventually did and will probably get a rematch

There was no body at 168 or 154 who could bring the $ to the table like Canelo or Cotto. I'm sure if there was someone who could and wanted the fight Gennady would have went up or down

That's a whole lot better then a fighter who just makes up his own weight class because he thinks he's bigger then the sport
          There's footage of Golovkin saying he would have fought anybody at 154 or 168 if it made sense, "but who.." as he said. This is all documented with him saying post "154-168 is easy" (2013) to him claiming "but who" in the Brook conference, all while patronizing Brook at a catch before agreeing to 160, all when Golovkin would make bank in the UK....

Cotto was Aside vs Alvarez, and Alvarez only became a Lil'G narrative when he beat Cotto, so that started in 2016 as Nelo and Cotto finished off the 2015 year end bout.

Key stamps: #2013 #154-168 easy #financial sense #PPV

If we are being consistent with Golovkin theory and his own testimony since 2013... then why did he give in to step asides from Cotto with Geale to Alvarez? Why didn't K2 push for headlines, if they really wanted that cash against Cotto at the Garden FFS, to say "we're willing to fight Cotto at 155..." to make the fight.

Garden, PPV, Cotto, twice did K2 turn down those step asides for huge cash instead of pressuring Cotto with a mando, purse bid, or vacancy. Golovkin in theory could've had the WBC long ago with a famed fight against Cotto along with PPV, but they chose not to. Instead, as they took his step asides, they still road with headlines that "nobody wants to fight GGG.."

Second, another fight that made sense, if they really wanted it, is to have fought Alvarez at 155 when Nelo invited it before the Cotto bout. That was Alvarez himself, publicly, putting himself on the line to make the fight, a guy who sparred GGG in his early 20s...who then grew stronger years later, Nelo never been afraid of Golovkin. He knows Gennady so well that he even called Gennady as "Gena" through the sparring culture, that's how we know GGg and Nelo been getting down since early days. So if 154 was easg since 2013, per GgG, why didnt Ggg or K2 ever push for an Alvarez fight at 154 since 2011?! Or why didnt Abel push for Nelo in 2011 at 155 for a payday? Golovkin wasnt making bank back then nor was there an all belt narrative until years later...

In short, K2 and Golovkin are con artists
          aboutfkntime

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
            I don't understand why Golovkin fans care so much about Canelo having fought at 155 when guys like Lara, Angulo, Kirkland had fought above 155 before Canelo, with those guys having more than 11 plus fights. Were Lara, Kirkland, Angulo known as Super Welters or Middleweights if they have double digit fights above 154?

We got Nelo who said he would move up to 160 in an October 2015 interview. He fights at 160 in 2017. Kept his promise...

Whereas Golovkin since 2013 saod 154-168 was easy. I'm still trying to figure out how Golovkin fans justify that? Why was Alvarez used to steer Golovkin away from 168? We all know Golovkin drains to make 160.
            Your dedication is truly remarkable.

Comment

What's worse? You starting numerous daily threads hating on GGG or you starting numerous daily threads hating on GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Your dedication is truly remarkable.
                Of course. It's boxingscene.com. simply da best!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  What's worse? You starting numerous daily threads hating on GGG or you starting numerous daily threads hating on GGG?
                  Don't get cliché as a spooked Lil'G fan. It's not 2016 nor 2017. Not much work is needed anymore. Yet still you didn't answer the question, 154-168 ez fomi

Comment

unless I'm misunderstanding your question, depends on the weight class, some are a higher margin than others. I wouldn't step into the ring as a pro cruiserweight at 176lbs (I know Floyd Patterson won the HW championship at 175lbs, Floyd doesn't get the credit he deserves, and clearly I'm not Floyd lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X