No announcement yet.

PICK EMs for this weekend. YES or NO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICK EMs for this weekend. YES or NO?

Okay gentlemen, looking through the schedules there are only two fights this weekend that really move the needle at all, young Ryan Garcia vs Francisco Fonseca and stiff German KO artist Vincent Feigenbutz vs Caleb Plant. Now, both these fights were put up in the Upcoming Pick Ems thread, but as things stand neither have received the 50% approval that was the threshold for inclusion in the game.

What that means is that currently there won't be any fights in the Pick Em this weekend - unless we get some more votes in - which would be kinda a shame cos it feels like we're just getting some momentum going.

So. I'm going ask for any players who haven't already voted on the 'Upcoming' thread here:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=838626

Please make your feelings known gents.

regards

K

Fonseca is gonna have a hard time in there.

The Feigenbutts fight could be more competitive.

Comment

Nothing too compelling this weekend, Koba.

Comment

Both fights will have close to zero picks for the underdog and there will be only a small points difference in the methods. So not very enticing.

There are some competitive prospect fights, but not sure if there is enough footage available for these fighters.

Shobox has a triple header with competitive matches.
        Also,
        Alexis Rocha Vs Brad Solomon sounds alright (havent seen rocha fight yet though)
        Linares Vs Carlos Morales (Is Linares shot?)
        Bryant Perella Vs Abel Ramos is a decent gatekeeper fight.

But those are niche fights and Im not sure if everyone wants to look into those fights.

Comment

Picking knockout rounds is a skill in itself. Just like the prime Tyson days. Bring ‘em on.

Comment

DuckAdonis
            HBX3
            Ganondorf
            RJJ
            Shane Sr
            NORMNEALON
            BigZ
            Redd Foxx
            TBear
            Pandas
            SceneBoxer
            Mammoth
            ArticulateBoxin
            Jpowell
            'Roll
            Deontay Wilder
            Justintimothyko
            SilverMiles
            BLASTER1
            Idunnoshet
            mlac
            Frankie Clutch
            Gideon Lock
            Cauli Ears
            NC Uppercut
            YoungManRumble
            ruedboy
            otrocubiche
            BlakBread
            Chrismart
            FinitoX
            Szef
            shepperino
            TheMyspaceDayz
            asgarth
            MulaKO
            Pittsburgh_Kid
            Baltimore
            KoolKC
            mathed
            BobLoblaw
            SUBZER0ED
            b morph
            kushking
            Damn Wicked

Apologies to those of you who may have already voted in the February Upcoming poll, but I wanted to get a player list together anyway so we can use it for future notifications and so on.

K
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-10-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Bumping for the people

Comment

Plant-Feigenbutz is ok I guess, considering it’s a world title fight. I don’t expect it to be that competitive though.

Garcia-Fonesca is too one sided IMO, it’s more of a keep busy fight for Garcia really.

Comment

I'm gonna say no and I originally voted for Garcia/Fonseca

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    Both fights will have close to zero picks for the underdog and there will be only a small points difference in the methods. So not very enticing.

There are some competitive prospect fights, but not sure if there is enough footage available for these fighters.

Shobox has a triple header with competitive matches.
                    Also,
                    Alexis Rocha Vs Brad Solomon sounds alright (havent seen rocha fight yet though)
                    Linares Vs Carlos Morales (Is Linares shot?)
                    Bryant Perella Vs Abel Ramos is a decent gatekeeper fight.

But those are niche fights and Im not sure if everyone wants to look into those fights.
                    Yeah typically we wouldn't go than far down the tables unless there was a compelling reason to do so, but I might have broadened the net a little if I'd realised we didn't have much on this weekend. Thing to do when we put up the Upcoming theread for March is post and mention any of these kinda fights you'd like to see in and make sure to upvote the kind of fights you like. Can't say we'll always get the more competitive match ups, but the more votes or mentions they get the more we're likely to take it into account when we're picking out potential future Pick Ems.

Comment

Working...
                    X