Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Martial Arts Festival (South Korea)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
    i agree with u on the tkd statement,lots of people nowdays diss the art i dont know why,theres some sick tkd fighters who know how to use it on the street.I dont think there is the "most effective art" around,diff styles fit to diff people.
    I earned a deputy black in TKD when I was 15.

Got my 1D black when I was 18. It's all I know in form.

Pure bias in that regard.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Knife fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
        Knife fighting:
        V.S. Melee weapon no doubt. Capoera is where it's at the maneuvers.

Only way to evade all the deadly attacks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
          I earned a deputy black in TKD when I was 15.

Got my 1D black when I was 18. It's all I know in form.

Pure bias in that regard.
          cool,u still involved with tkd?i thought about doing some muay thai its very effective due to the elbows and knees.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
            cool,u still involved with tkd?i thought about doing some muay thai its very effective due to the elbows and knees.
            Nah I just train MMA. lol.

Like at the gym.

Comment

Last of the last:

Comment

Oh like do tons of situps and work your legs to hell for MT man.

You need a strong belly and concrete legs. For that.

If you have those facets you have a head start.

Comment

MT is so great yeah

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    TKD is the golden art though. Just minimalistic in form and highly effective.

Pure efficacy in Jiu Jitsu or Akido or even Judo yes hardly practical.

Judo is the World's most effective art and it's been proven in MMA.

But it's too dependant.
                    Japanese jujutsu is not jujitsu as we know it.

Essentially, jujutsu is traditionally the most common indigenous martial art of Japan, and is basically all-encompassing.

Grand Master Kano was a jujutsu practitioner, and he basically devised his art to be more modern and scientifically grounded (based on the perspectives I've read), however I tend to believe that judo is essentially a component of jujutsu. If you have ever followed sumo, there are many techniques which are actually very similar to judo techniques, a number of which share the same names as well (the names of techniques predate judo).

Judo is great, I'm just trying to provide a bit of context here.

The martial arts of Japan are quite distinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
                      Japanese jujutsu is not jujitsu as we know it.

Essentially, jujutsu is traditionally the most common indigenous martial art of Japan, and is basically all-encompassing.

Grand Master Kano was a jujutsu practitioner, and he basically devised his art to be more modern and scientifically grounded (based on the perspectives I've read), however I tend to believe that judo is essentially a component of jujutsu. If you have ever followed sumo, there are many techniques which are actually very similar to judo techniques, a number of which share the same names as well (the names of techniques predate judo).

Judo is great, I'm just trying to provide a bit of context here.

The martial arts of Japan are quite distinct.
                      Oh no doubt you're correct.

I'm the guy that tends to group Judo/Akido/Jiu Jitsu because of the lock, maneuver and throw tendencies accompanied with the application.

but totally different styles yar.

Comment

Working...
                      X