No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Crolla Should Go Down As A British Boxing Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Crolla Should Go Down As A British Boxing Great

Anthony Crolla should be considered as a British boxing great his promoter Eddie Hearn says. Crolla, 32, and with a record of 34-7-3, 13 KOs has his 45th and final fight on Saturday night at the Manchester Arena, bidding farewell to a career that began at the same venue on October 14th, 2006 against Abdul Rashid in a four round points win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I nearly jumped in to say that he ain't a great before I read the article, but it's actually a very fitting tribute from Hearn, acknowledging that Crolla's not the greatest talent in the world but an exemplar of how far hard work, dedication and a love for the sport can take you. Kids done himself and our city proud and he seems to be about as good a dude as you could meet too. Best of luck with life beyond the ring Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I nearly jumped in to say that he ain't a great before I read the article, but it's actually a very fitting tribute from Hearn, acknowledging that Crolla's not the greatest talent in the world but an exemplar of how far hard work, dedication and a love for the sport can take you. Kids done himself and our city proud and he seems to be about as good a dude as you could meet too. Best of luck with life beyond the ring Champ.
      I can see that angle. There is a large mural of him at my JD Gym in salford, right where the heavy bags are. When I’m in town on business, I hit that gym and for an hour or two I have Crolla peering over my back

Comment

People that’s achievements exceed talent are always impressive.

Hope Crolla can grind it out tonight.

Seems a lovely man and will be part of the boxing fraternity in this country forever.

Comment

Well the headline is wrong because Crolla isn't a great. He's a good fighter though and always gave his best and worked hard so respect to him

Comment

Hearn has officially just lost it. Maybe he is hanging around with De Lahoya

Comment

LOL good domestic level fighter, but not a great even at British level.

Comment

Good fighter. Did all he could with the ability he had. Draw and win against Darley's to win world title. Win over 3 weight division champion Ricky Burns and a very close loss to Linares in the first fight being his finest moments.

Comment

Hearn has officially just lost it. Maybe he is hanging around with De Lahoya

Comment

You agree with Eddie Hearn, !! Anorak?

Comment

Working...
                    X