Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any MMA fighters that punch harder than Pauli Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any MMA fighters that punch harder than Pauli Malignaggi?

So far, to my (limited) knowledge, two supposed "KO Punchers" in MMA have attempted to transition to Boxing; Mike Perry, 10-1 10 KO's, knocking guys dead in MMA and of course Conor McGregor.

Both tried Boxing out and seemed to have the power of Pauli Malignaggi.

Are there any other examples and did any of them show any signs of having any punching power?

Of course not. Boxing > mma.

Comment

u ****** lol

Comment

i still can't understand mcgregor's punching technique last night, what was that? seriously, what was he trying to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
          u ****** lol
          Any examples?

Only two I know are monster punchers Mike Perry and Conor McGregor and we know they both have no power what so ever in regards to Boxing.

Comment

MMA is so diverse, you can make it to the top while being flawed in several areas. Boxing's less diverse, so there's certain tools you have to have in order to be an elite fighter. If you're an elite fighter it's very likely that you can throw a good punch and GUARANTEED that you can handle the average power of your weight class (excluding Khan). You can't make it to the elite level in boxing without having a decent chin. Do you see how Conor was throwing his punches? He'd have a hard time hurting Amir Khan.

Comment

After last night performance I'm convinced that Conor did beat up paulie

Comment

paulie has no power

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  i still can't understand mcgregor's punching technique last night, what was that? seriously, what was he trying to do?
                  I'm with you, his technique was cringe worthy. He doesn't turn over his punches which would explain the lack of power.

But I already expected that from his media workout.

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                    paulie has no power
                    Exactly.

Neither do Perry or McGregor.

Comment

Working...
                    X