This UFC vs Boxing thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG View Post
    Experience? Test themselves? Not everything is about money
    Its not all about money, but its not not about money either lol.

Like I seriously question Conor fighting in the cage again cuz he's made $10Mish in MMA according to the PPV $ rumors, but he's making $100Mish for this fight & could probably make more than $10M+ for several more boxing matches if he gives a decent account of himself.

You only can do so much. Time is limited. And in combat sports I'd argue there is only so much damage your body can take. So you SHOULD maximize your upside $-wise as a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Its not all about money, but its not not about money either lol.

Like I seriously question Conor fighting in the cage again cuz he's made $10Mish in MMA according to the PPV $ rumors, but he's making $100Mish for this fight & could probably make more than $10M+ for several more boxing matches if he gives a decent account of himself.

You only can do so much. Time is limited. And in combat sports I'd argue there is only so much damage your body can take. So you SHOULD maximize your upside $-wise as a rule.
      I agree but not everybody thinks that way. If/when i fight, i will be looking for the biggest pay days possible but not every fighter thinks that way.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
        Some talk about UFC guys fighting boxers in a boxing ring under boxing rules, and of course Conor-Floyd. Who will be the boxer to step into the octagon and see them on their territory? Or will they be risking injury too much?

I know its been done already, but i'm talking about active boxers right now. I can see Rosado doing it, he isnt afraid to take a beating and im sure he will make decent money

Comment

Outside of a Ray Mercer esque punch a boxer has no chance in MMA.

Not without years and years of training and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Outside of a Ray Mercer esque punch a boxer has no chance in MMA.

Not without years and years of training and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Holm was a kickboxer before she was a boxer & I believe she's worked out at a MMA gym her whole career & likely was a live sparring body to girls in that gym in various disciplines all during her boxing career. So its not like she was a pure boxer who never had any MMA experience til she turned to MMA.

Plus the womans side of things are a lesser model of MMA & isn't as deep as the mens side so its a easier road to travel.

Comment

I may be mistaken here as I'm a novice when it comes to MMA but I thought Holly Holm was a kick boxer aswell as a boxer and trained in MMA for years with Jon Jones trainers before she turned professional as an MMA fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Holm was a kickboxer before she was a boxer & I believe she's worked out at a MMA gym her whole career & likely was a live sparring body to girls in that gym in various disciplines all during her boxing career. So its not like she was a pure boxer who never had any MMA experience til she turned to MMA.

Plus the womans side of things are a lesser model of MMA & isn't as deep as the mens side so its a easier road to travel.
                  Well she only had 3 kickboxing fights and lost 1. Her main sport was boxing and she won lots of titles doing so. But yeah she was raised in a MMA gym but it was still a huge feat by her defeating Rousey and it was her boxing. She proved a great boxer can transition. An Mma fighter hasnt proven otherwise.

Comment

Well she only had 3 kickboxing fights and lost 1. Her main sport was boxing and she won lots of titles doing so. But yeah she was raised in a MMA gym but it was still a huge feat by her defeating Rousey and it was her boxing. She proved a great boxer can transition. An Mma fighter hasnt proven otherwise.
                    A boxer can transition and vice versa. But they can't just jump into the other sport.

The HW champion Stipe has a Boxing pedigree I heard the other day. Fought Bryant Jennings in the Amateurs. Then transitioned to MMA, learnt the craft and here we are.

But jumping from one sport to the other with no experience? Nah. Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      A boxer can transition and vice versa. But they can't just jump into the other sport.

The HW champion Stipe has a Boxing pedigree I heard the other day. Fought Bryant Jennings in the Amateurs. Then transitioned to MMA, learnt the craft and here we are.

But jumping from one sport to the other with no experience? Nah. Not happening.
                      Oh yeah 4sure I agree training over a couple years will be needed. My only thing is a boxer at the highest level I think has the athleticism to crossover.

Comment

Working...
                      X