Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    No, it's not.
    It's just a decent win at this point.
    Mares is damaged goods and a shadow of his former self after the Gonzalez beatdown.
    The Gonzales beatdown? It was a one round tko, are you kidding me?

Santa Cruz beat him over the distance in a great fight. I don't think you could find me many people who didn't think that was anything but a great win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      I would prefer Lomachenko vs Walters any day tbh.
      Walters-Loma/Leo is a better fight down the line, Walters is more dangerous and a weightclass above. Walters should be taking on some of the top dogs at 130 like Muira/Martinez while Uchiyama deals with Vargas, winner of those fights fight for supremacy while Loma/Leo moves up the rankings at 130 for another big fight with the king of 130. How boxing should be running.

Edit: checked the rankings and there's a guy called Javier Fortuna, seems like a good up and comer, he'd be a good fight for Walters at 130.
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-29-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        The Gonzales beatdown? It was a one round tko, are you kidding me?

Santa Cruz beat him over the distance in a great fight. I don't think you could find me many people who didn't think that was anything but a great win.
        I didn't think it was a great win. Mares had been looking really mediocre since getting sparked, all while fighting weak competition. Why I didn't care for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          I didn't think it was a great win. Mares had been looking really mediocre since getting sparked, all while fighting weak competition. Why I didn't care for the fight.
          I thought Mares looked good on the night though, back to his old self, he came out on fire and if there were any mental effects you would have thought it would be nerves and tentativeness in the beginning, but it wasn't he just got beat by a better fighter on the night in my opinion.

Comment

Everyone needs to start realising Leo Santa Cruz is a formidable fighter ...
            I use to like him, but he avoided Rigo and, later, Loma... Which is enough for me.

Comment

cuz he beat kiko martinez???

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                I have little respect for this guy.

He ducked Rigo in the most shameless way possible and now is hiding from top competition under Haymon's skirt.

he brings shame to the mexican warrior tradition
                Rigo can't even get on TV in the US. He can't sell tickets and does nothing for ratings. Also he would demand a huge purse. It's not Leo or Haymons job to promote Rigo. So I'll ask you this question, what's in it for them to do Rigo this enormous favor?

Comment

This guy is going to be extremely difficult to beat. He is big, strong, looks like he has a great jaw, throws a tonne of punches, good amateur pedigree. He looks the real deal. I think him and Frampton would be a great fight and a good clash of styles. I am a big fan of Frampton but I just can't see him lasting the pace with Leo. I think it would have a similar pattern to Margarito - Cotto I, and I think Santa Cruz catches up to Frampton between 8-11.

I know with lots of you there has been political motivation behind your dislike of him, the Rigo situation and the fact that he is tied to Haymon. With that said you guys need to put that biased to one side when you are assessing fighters, and this kid can seriously fight.

After seeing his display of pure azz whoopage... I submit to your opinion... Leo proved to me that he is "great" just like Tony the Tiger. Great!!!

Comment

This guy is going to be extremely difficult to beat. He is big, strong, looks like he has a great jaw, throws a tonne of punches, good amateur pedigree. He looks the real deal. I think him and Frampton would be a great fight and a good clash of styles. I am a big fan of Frampton but I just can't see him lasting the pace with Leo. I think it would have a similar pattern to Margarito - Cotto I, and I think Santa Cruz catches up to Frampton between 8-11.

I know with lots of you there has been political motivation behind your dislike of him, the Rigo situation and the fact that he is tied to Haymon. With that said you guys need to put that biased to one side when you are assessing fighters, and this kid can seriously fight.
                    I agree with you about how good he is and I have thought he was great for years and said so many times on this forum. I am also a big Rigo fan. Rigo said on today's boxing scene top headlines that he will go to 126 for Leo. If they fight at 126 it will be one hell of a fight and I don't know who would win. Both Santa Cruz and Rigo are too good for Frampton at 122 or 126 in my opinion. Frampton is good but not good enough for these two.

Comment

I'm not much of a fan these days, but I've always thought Santa Cruz is better than he is given credit for. He will beat most fighters at 126. I would pick him to beat Russell and probably Frampton.

Comment

Working...
                      X