Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don King the worst scum in boxing history (documentary)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King is one of the most remarkable figures in the history of the sport.

The most disheartening thing for me is that he could have become a black icon. Instead he used the language of the civil rights and Black power movements to hoodwink black fighters and further his financial gains.

He pissed on generations of hard work and struggle by turning ideals into rhetoric. He had a genuine opportunity to fly and be an uplifting example. Instead, despite his riches, he stayed in the gutter 'cause he couldn't leave the hustler behind.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
      Great documentary about the most enigmatic man in Prize fighting

Grreat piece!! Neufield one of my favorite mensches! Thank you for a nice piece, I miss Jack, hell of a writer sports and otherwise

Comment

I rather see Don King than Al Haymon under King we got great fights under Haymon the fights are a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
          Whats the difference between don king and bob arum who was found guilty of fixing fights shelfing fighters and bribes or frank warren not paying fighters most of the top promoters and managers do the same stuff not all but most of them but only the ones of a certain skin tone get bad publicity in the media boxing is probably the most racist/nationalist sport
          Bob arum hasnt killed 2 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
            Bob arum hasnt killed 2 guys.
            Exactly! Huge difference! King beat a guys head to death on a street curb and it was not even self-defense.

Comment

I learn something from Costantino "Cus" D'Amato while watching this documentary that will stay with me since Floyd is considered a boring fighter. "Cus" D'Amato made it very clear to his fighters that not getting hit is the key to survive in the sport of boxing. He told Mike Tyson that he should land/throw punches so he's in the position to move before the other guy can hit you. My point is this, the way Cus" D'Amato explained it is the same way Floyd fights. And if a well known trainer like Cus" D'Amato teaches hit & not get hit those who say it's a boring way for a fighter to fight are what Roger Mayweather say they are "People who don't know **** about boxing" I wonder if Cus" D'Amato was training Floyd would any of these haters question the way Floyd fights? I seriously doubt it and if there are those who can't read between the lines if just wrote you might want to sue whatever school or higher educational facility you graduated from because it's right there in front of you to comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Nationalism sells in boxing. Why do you think Adamek fights in front of full houses waving Polish flags all around the US? Where did all the Pacstans come from? Why are Top Rank and other major promotional outfits scrambling to sign international talent? Correctly identifying target markets is a vital aspect of promoting fights.
                Nationalism?? You realize he's a multi-murderer and financially ruined some of the biggest names in boxing right? And fixed entire tournaments with the result of every fight pre-decided. Then threatened to kill fighters who might tell the media it's all fake.

I don't think most people care about his American flag pants. It's a wonder the guy isn't serving life but he got into boxing during a time where it was below and above the law.

Comment

everything that ever came out his mouth was bull**** i remember he had the nerve to say chavez won the fight vs whitaker in the post interview

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                    He's just slightly above Arum in cuntery.

not even close dude

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                      King is one of the most remarkable figures in the history of the sport.

The most disheartening thing for me is that he could have become a black icon. Instead he used the language of the civil rights and Black power movements to hoodwink black fighters and further his financial gains.

He pissed on generations of hard work and struggle by turning ideals into rhetoric. He had a genuine opportunity to fly and be an uplifting example. Instead, despite his riches, he stayed in the gutter 'cause he couldn't leave the hustler behind.
                      Good post bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X