No announcement yet.

Jose Napoles Or Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Napoles Or Roy Jones Jr

Who should be ranked higher on a ATG list and why?

''Napoles is 55 places above Roy Jones Jr on My ATG List, Napoles being #33 and Jones being #88''

Bert Sugar

Comment

Any opinions, GreatA, Poet, Sonny, GJC, 1Silva, MHager, NChristo, Jabs, Snopkins, Joey Giardello, Obama, Micky Malone, Jim Jeffries, Mcgrain, etc?

Comment

Didnt even have to think about this one its roy jones! the guy was unbeatable in his prime a former middleweight! who won a version of the heavyweight title! was pound for pound number 1 for years! napoles is great but has nothink that can match jones! also if they would of met at middleweight, jones stops! jose with out breaking to much of a sweat, just like monzon did!

Comment

Yes Roy Jones for me too. I rate the guy as a top ten ATG!

Comment

I think Napoles could have been atleast a 3 division champion if not for being avoided at 135 and 140, which forced him to move up to 147 in order to get a title shot. For much of his welterweight career he was actually past his true prime, yet he reigned as champion for many years.

Comment

Napoles is a great boxer and was fully capable of achieving a lot more but as GreatA said he was avoided so much he had to move up a weight. I rate him as a highly skilled boxer and a ATG one of the best Welters. But for me he gets taken down a few places then he rightfully should be, because he quit against Monzon in his first and last fight at MW, even if it was against one of the greatest MW and he was pretty much at the end of his career he turned up to fight, and could of gone the distance.

RJJ has achieved much more and I would have him higher on a list by quite a bit.

Said this before n I'll say again lol Bert Sugars lists are nonsense, he's great with the numbers of boxing and who's record is what but he ALWAYS falls short when it comes to lists.
              Last edited by NChristo; 05-06-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Interesting.....Any1 else?

Comment

Working...
                X