No announcement yet.

Black screen of death, monitor turns completely black from watching videos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen of death, monitor turns completely black from watching videos

What the hell? This has gotten worse over time, it used to be youtube videos that use to crash my computer and make my screen completely black. Now it's doing it with VLC Media player. Is this some type of new ****** virus for Windows 7 or is this Video Card related with my 470 gtx nvidia card and they need to update the drivers because somethings wrong with these drivers?

I rather it be video card related since they can fix it with drivers. If its a virus I'm screwed. Also this black screen of death does not happen when I play pc games. It only happens when I play video files for some reason.

its a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
      its a virus.
      What virus program do I use to get rid of it? Webroot was ranked as one of the best yet its not getting rid of it. I can't reinstall windows again, this will me billionth time literally.

Comment

Is your flashplayer up to date, perhaps the last update was corrupted. Or maybe it is a vieus.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Is your flashplayer up to date, perhaps the last update was corrupted. Or maybe it is a vieus.
          What would a flash player have to do with reading a .avi file or xvid file?

Comment

^ nothing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
              What would a flash player have to do with reading a .avi file or xvid file?
              nothing but it sounded good. (I though you were talking about youtube videos)

Seriously though many players do have trouble on windows 7 especially vlc player. There is a compatiblity mode you can set for programs especially older apps.

Last edited by TBear; 12-03-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Just reinstalled windows just incase it was a virus.

Comment

Working...
                X