Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McGregor Vs Khabib...who you got man?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
      Yeah i get all that. I respect the sport. I just don't like the fans. Yall always talking about what would happen in a street fight and talking **** about boxers not being real fighters. That's disrespectful and dumb.
      We respect the **** out of boxing.

Boxing is probably the most important martial art in MMA.

If you don't know how to box in MMA you are ****ed because guys you do will light you up like a christmas tree.

MMA is a young sport and because of this we get a lot of **** for being "fad" or what ever and so we can get very defensive of our sport which leads to MMA fans talking a lot of **** about other sports.

Boxing is on the top of that list because boxing was up until recently the king of combat sports.

Its just competition. Boxers are real fighters they just don't know ground fighting or kickboxing which puts them at a huge disadvantage in an MMA fight.

But believe me no MMA fan with a brain thinks boxing is bull****. We respect the sweet science a lot and the biggest respect we give it is that our fighters use it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftRytGoodNite View Post
        Unfortunatly kickboxing has kind of gone by the wayside as a sport now days so i fell out of love with it
        Wtf happened to kickboxing? I used to love watching kickboxing myself back in the day. Now you can barely find it on TV & its a rarity.

Did they market kickboxing badly or was kicking just too gay of a way to fight for lotsa dudes to get behind (pun intended) who think punching is the only way for hetro-males to fight?

Comment

We respect the **** out of boxing.
          As a boxing fan first, MMA fan second I tell my brothers & sissies here this all the time, but no one gets this cuz they are so mad about the UFC & MMA in general taking some of boxings attention or whatever.

So many boxing fans hate MMA & they project that all MMA guys must hate boxing without grasping boxing is happening in MMA, just not exactly the boxing they are used to cuz boxing is only an element of MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
            Do yoy know anything about boxing? In your opinion how do you see the fight playing out? I see Floyd easily beating him and toying with him. Im on the fence of 12 rounds to 0 floyd decision or floyd by mid rounds tko. To most of us the winner is gonna be no doubt mayweather and pretty easily to be honest, but the only thing is does conor make it all 12 rounds thats the real question.
            You could be right. A lot of MMA fans watch boxing as well but more as a side thing for us like some of us watch BJJ tournaments aswell and Muay Thai so no we don't know boxing as well as you guys do.

As I've stated I'm a bit on the fence about it because I've seen Conor do things in our sport that no one could have fathomed before him. So its hard to write him off from our perspective because everytime we do he proives us wrong.

However gun to my head? Mayweather of course. the man is the greatest defensive boxer of all time and this a boxing match.

CAN Conor win? I hope so and I will be rooting for him. But obviously this is an insanely hard task for him.

WILL he? almost definitely not and its hard for me to admit that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              McGregor Vs Khabib...who you got man?
              Khabib is an undefeated monster wrestler with an unlimited gas tank and an extremely high pace relentless beating style.

No one has beaten him in the ufc and for good reason. once he gets you down to the mat you are ****ed and thats that.

No one can survive his top preasure.

How ever he has been rocked standing before and his boxing leaves a lot to be desired. If you want to stand infront of Conor for anything more than a few seconds without having high level boxing (for MMA) you're going to sleep asap and thats no joke.

I could see Conor knocking him out in the first round. i could also see Conor getting taken down and having to defend the ground onslaught then get back up and knock him out.

I can also see Khabib take hyim down and finish him. all of this is possible but I'd have Conor in that fight.

Comment

Khabib is an undefeated monster wrestler with an unlimited gas tank and an extremely high pace relentless beating style.

No one has beaten him in the ufc and for good reason. once he gets you down to the mat you are ****ed and thats that.

No one can survive his top preasure.

How ever he has been rocked standing before and his boxing leaves a lot to be desired. If you want to stand infront of Conor for anything more than a few seconds without having high level boxing (for MMA) you're going to sleep asap and thats no joke.

I could see Conor knocking him out in the first round. i could also see Conor getting taken down and having to defend the ground onslaught then get back up and knock him out.

I can also see Khabib take hyim down and finish him. all of this is possible but I'd have Conor in that fight.
                How did you see nate vs conor 2 and how would you see nate vs conor 3 if it happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Wtf happened to kickboxing? I used to love watching kickboxing myself back in the day. Now you can barely find it on TV & its a rarity.

Did they market kickboxing badly or was kicking just too gay of a way to fight for lotsa dudes to get behind (pun intended) who think punching is the only way for hetro-males to fight?
                  I think MMA killed it to be honest. All the best kickboxing talent went into MMA and started wrecking house with their surperior striking so I think for the most part MMA is kickboxings permanent home now.

God do I miss the days of K-1 though. that was some insane ****.

Most of the legends from K-1 tansitiond to MMA and became champs though so MMA is where kickboxers do their best work these days i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    As a boxing fan first, MMA fan second I tell my brothers & sissies here this all the time, but no one gets this cuz they are so mad about the UFC & MMA in general taking some of boxings attention or whatever.

So many boxing fans hate MMA & they project that all MMA guys must hate boxing without grasping boxing is happening in MMA, just not exactly the boxing they are used to cuz boxing is only an element of MMA.
                    Haha yea. Boxing and MMA are rivals so there is bound to be some **** talking from both sides.

At the end of the day though its all good.

We love boxing and respect it a lot. its extremely effective and will always have a home in MMA

Comment

Great question.

Conors strong suit in MMA is and always will be his boxing (I realize the irony of me saying this here)
                      and because of this it has raised a hell of a lot of sceptics in MMA about how he can do on the ground because he wins all his fights with boxing.

this led to a lot of MMA fans saying that as soon as he faces a wrestler hes toast due to having no ground game.

How ever he has fought wrestlers now and he has defeated them all easily.

He has fantastic take down defense and once he gets on the ground he is no bum. He has great BJJ and sub defense plus pretty high level wrestling. hes not at the level of the best guys on the ground but he can hang with them and doesn't get destroyd.

But make no mistake his bread and butter is Knocking people out with his straight left
                      Only issue is that Conor it's very unlikely to ever land clean on Floyd, especially after Floyd spending the last 20 years of his life getting sublimely comfortable with ever inch of a boxing ring against world-level comp.

If Conor isn't going to be able to dirty box and work in the clinch, he's down to a prayer, and even less than that if Paulie's assessment of his punching power is right

Comment

Working...
                      X