Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who punches harder / has more punching power between Mikey Garcia and Marcos Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
    Who is the harder / more powerful puncher between the two when both are at their best?
    I'd say the naturally bigger guy punches harder.

Garcia is a more conventional puncher.....as for Maidana....you don't know where his punches are coming from.

Maidana sure takes a better punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Maidana is the physically bigger/stronger guy, but Mikey has sharper timing, and timing makes power delivery far more effective. They are two different kinds of power.
      True. And the punch you don't see hurts the most. If can't see a Maidana punch coming. You're blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Marcos never stopped any opponent when he "stepped up"!
        He had Broner hurt pretty badly and couldn't get him out of there, in fact Broner gave him a great effort late!
        Mikey has the better technique and has the better focus to deliver hard shots.
        To me it's not even close, Mikey got his best tests out of there Marcos didn't.

Ray
        What are your thoughts now?

Comment

Well, Mikey didn't really carry his power up to 140. And at 135 and below, he was more of an accumulation puncher. Most stoppages came in the latter half of the fight.

With this in mind, I would say Maidana is the harder puncher. Just overall more heavy handed in general.

Comment

Maidana AINEC!

But Garcia is better boxer.

Comment

Working...
            X