"Mikey Garcia hits harder than Maidana"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard he hits as hard as Canelo

Comment

not surprised...good technique and accuracy can accentuate a fighter's punching power, and Mikey is textbook

Comment

Mikey can KO his chef, but if Broner took the shots from maidana that he did repeatedly...im quite sure he's not knocking him out...he might get a real shock and go into retreat mode when he feels broners shots, and I'm no fan of broner, but I know he can punch.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I don't believe it. Maidana is much bigger. They are both very good punchers for their size. All things equal the heavier man will hit harder. Garcia fought at 126 when he was 25 years old. If a featherweight hit as hard as Maidana he should have KOed everyone he fought including Salido. I am sure Maidana would KO Salido.
          Good post & Good point. It may appear to be that the time they are referring to was when Mickey was a Featherwgt. In other words for a featherwgt he had tremendous power. But that does not mean it will neccessarily be carried over as a jr welter.

Comment

I think Garcia's power will be a factor but more important would be an aggressive style with that power. Broner doesn't like getting pressured (ref: Maidana).

Comment

Working...
            X