Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can agree w/ that also...He says he was hit low. But IMO it was him breaking. His body was screaming at him & he needed to recover. I believe Ward would've continue to break him down & stop him or go on to a wide decision. But still, there's that wut if. Weeks should've allowed us to see it.

Comment

• the same people that hate tony weeks now loved him after mayweather vs. maidana 1 ... i see you mofos. i see all of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        He should of given him a count. It was a bull**** stoppage.
        There is no standing 8 count in vegas title fights.

Comment

• Andre Ward is definitely the new Floyd Mayweather. There's gonna be an excuse for every win, no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by neoz View Post
            The angle of Ward punches were never coming close to Kovalev body even if he was standing upright, open your eyes.
            Was the perfectly timed counter right hand that had Kovalev wobbling around the ring low too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              You are literally too stupid to insult or argue with.
              Yet you keep responding and crying like a bytch! AND STILL PUSSIE

Comment

• Fight went as I expected. Kovalev gassed again from 6th round onwards. A lot of the shots were borderline but a couple did stray low. But by this point Kovalev was already tired and was hurt bad by the right hand and subsequent body shots (before the final 3) and was on his way to being stopped. The referee should have definitely given him another 10 seconds instead of waving it off though. I'm sure Ward would have liked to have got the stoppage without the added 'controversy'.
                Last edited by faisal1203; 06-17-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Because boxing is a broken sport, we will never know, but yeah. Paul Smith hurt Ward, but Kovalev's jabs that used to break ribs and his rights that really hurt guys were not hurting Ward at all tonight. Whether Kovalev went off something, or Ward went on something, you have a point. We will never know because boxing is a broken sport! But congrats. Enjoy your legendary victory tonight! Totally clean, legitimate win... but I'm sure you're happy regardless. In this life we have to take joy where we can find it, so enjoy it safely. Peace
                  kov couldnt even defend himself lol he was done buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                    I keep hearing people say he should have given him a count but he never went down.

Did they have an 8 count for this fight? They usually don't for these big fights. Anyone know?
                    Harold Ledderman usually says so before the fight happens.
                    There is no standing 8 in pro boxing.

Comment

• Noticed this too

Comment

Working...
                      X