Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much he makin for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      That's the saddest part of all - Haye will continue to slither around like a snake - crawling away from genuine fights and taking zero risk.
      Like every other HW then. None want to take risky fights until they get a big payday.

Comment

Pretty obvious he wants to be out of the game and this fight is a money grab.

There's no big money fights at Cruiserweight, so this fight makes sense for Bellew. A great payday, doesn't matter if he loses and still Cruiserweight world champ.

My guess is that he knows it's a long shot of winning, but it's worth it for the money and the off chance that Haye is totally shot after his time out of the ring so he feels he might have a punchers chance and if not, it doesn't really matter anyway.

Still hope he knocks Haye out somehow, just for the drama.

Comment

Well with that attitude, you'd better hope you get a win next week. Comments like that are no good ahead of a big fight.

Comment

This is the same thing Marco Huck did 4 years ago when he fought Povetkin and lost (I though he won). Great fight, too.. He wanted no parts of the HW division. He drops back down to cruiser, wins some hard fought decisions to massive home fans and gets beat up by Glowacki. Once you go up, you don't come back down. RJJ

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
              This is the same thing Marco Huck did 4 years ago when he fought Povetkin and lost (I though he won). Great fight, too.. He wanted no parts of the HW division. He drops back down to cruiser, wins some hard fought decisions to massive home fans and gets beat up by Glowacki. Once you go up, you don't come back down. RJJ
              Huck is sloppy as hell, but tony bellew makes him look like a boxing genius.

He really is terrible, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if Haye knocks him out in 30 seconds.

He can make one more payday after that and get knocked out by bredis/usyk/gassiev and then we'll never see him again (hopefully)

'yoo fookin RAT'

Comment

haye by 1st rnd ko.
                somebody here said he picks nobodies and hes a snake? whos jumping out to fight him? tony bellew is thats who! the bomber has massive balls and definately comes to fight but will get beaten very easily by david haye. the ***** would have then and now been just as easily beaten NO battered to a pulp by haye, we knew then and we know now.
                nobody is fronting haye out at world level in the heavyweight division and saying "fight me" to david haye.
                he took the bomber fight because the bomber is vocal,entertainment,bums on seats and good tv revenue for both fighters and coming off a long lay off and shoulder injury....why not?

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                  haye by 1st rnd ko.
                  somebody here said he picks nobodies and hes a snake? whos jumping out to fight him? tony bellew is thats who! the bomber has massive balls and definately comes to fight but will get beaten very easily by david haye. the ***** would have then and now been just as easily beaten NO battered to a pulp by haye, we knew then and we know now.
                  nobody is fronting haye out at world level in the heavyweight division and saying "fight me" to david haye.
                  he took the bomber fight because the bomber is vocal,entertainment,bums on seats and good tv revenue for both fighters and coming off a long lay off and shoulder injury....why not?
                  He pulled out twice against Fury who went on to beat Wlad fair and square for the Lineal Heavyweight championship and became THE MAN in boxing. You can't deny that bud.

Comment

Well, he did beat Makabu or was it Mugabe..I forget, but in all honesty the guy wasn't that great. Bellew really wants out before he has to take high risk and lower pay fights against the monsters in the rest of his division.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      How much he makin for this fight?
                      One source:

Tony Bellew £2.5 million Guaranteed (Bellew might clear £3 to £4 million depending on gate and PPV numbers)

David Haye £2.5 million Guaranteed (David Haye signed a on-off PPV tier based contract with Sky and might clear more from this fight)

Haye was listed as in $, but I assumed that was a typo and changes it to pounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X