Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were one of the guys who though Lucas was World Class level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    Wrong. I've always viewed him as subpar. I bet Postol Saturday night and actually won a decent amount of money and was shocked to see him that much of an underdog (not 50/50 as you claim)... That's simply because of the hype that surrounded Mathysse. After this fight the bookies and the fans will evaluate him correctly or guys like me will continue to make a killing betting against him.

he was basically a 1.9-2 / 1 underdog, from what i saw. lots of savvy boxing people jumped on it.

i picked postol to beat matthysse myself. not because he was never "world class" but because he was fadin,g and the style was all wrong.

oh, and half a foot of functional height

people are forgetting an important aspectof the fight, and that's physical makeup. HBO listed matthysse as 5'8ish, which is BS.

matthysse and alexander are roughly the same height. i've spoken face to face with alexander, and he's probably 5'7" at the absolutel max. i'm 5'9" and i was looking right over his head without any issues. matthysse is shorter than danny, peterson, khan, etc, and they're all in teh 5'9" range. postol's shoulders are on the level with matthyusse's face. that's a huge disadvantage, and one you rarely see in a boxing match with a weight classs.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      matthyse did better against alexander than maidana did. maidana didn't look like he belonged in the same "class" as devon alexander.

better against provnikov than bradley. bradley doesn't remember a thing about that fight

better against danny than khan, who got knocked out.

better than khan against peterson, who lost the UD to peterson [who may have been on drugs.]

better against chop chop than maidana.

need me to keep going ?
      did you even watch these fights, or are you new?

you can keep digging, if you'd like, or you can learn from your mistakes. you don't know what a world class fighter is.

what you should do is recgonize that i'm the best this fourm has to offer, and just shut up and listen when i'm talking. me and andre ward are going places.
      exactly this. op is clueless. matthysse is absolutely without a doubt world class. postol is just a very special fighter who is future #1 p4p imo.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        matthyse did better against alexander than maidana did. maidana didn't look like he belonged in the same "class" as devon alexander.

better against provnikov than bradley. bradley doesn't remember a thing about that fight

better against danny than khan, who got knocked out.

better than khan against peterson, who lost the UD to peterson [who may have been on drugs.]

better against chop chop than maidana.

need me to keep going ?
        did you even watch these fights, or are you new?

you can keep digging, if you'd like, or you can learn from your mistakes. you don't know what a world class fighter is.

what you should do is recgonize that i'm the best this fourm has to offer, and just shut up and listen when i'm talking. me and andre ward are going places.
        Anyone who's in a boxing discussion who try's to make the point that "BLANK did better against BLANK than BLANK did when they fought" should immediately not be taken seriously as there is no point in even trying to have an honest discussion with that person. Ok. So Mathysse did better than Garcia,Bradley and Maidana against common opponents... Does Mathysse beat ANY one of those (World Class) fighters in your (not worth much) opinion? .... Riiiiiiiiight.... So then what's your point. Styles make fights (can't believe I even have to explain that to someone on this site)... Garcia,Bradley,Lucas,Maidana. Which one of these is NOT alike? ... You can do it bud

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I have him 3rd actually. He needs to hurry up and pass the torch to DeGale doe.

i blew the opportuniyt to watch degale and dirrell fight live. they were in an old an old college hockey arena in boston. agganis arena at boston university. i've been to a few hockey games there. played on that sheet of ice when i was a tyke. would have been a hell of a show.

Comment

Anyone who's in a boxing discussion who try's to make the point that "BLANK did better against BLANK than BLANK did when they fought" should immediately not be taken seriously as there is no point in even trying to have an honest discussion with that person. Ok. So Mathysse did better than Garcia,Bradley and Maidana against common opponents... Does Mathysse beat ANY one of those (World Class) fighters in your (not worth much) opinion? .... Riiiiiiiiight.... So then what's your point. Styles make fights (can't believe I even have to explain that to someone on this site)... Garcia,Bradley,Lucas,Maidana. Which one of these is NOT alike? ... You can do it bud
            Why couldn't he beat Maidana? Maidana's best win is Broner.

So Maidana must not be world class.

Comment

"you're not allowed to talk about how guys did in their fights when deciding whether or not a fighter is world class. no comparing!"

what's edified your decision, then, oh sage who doesn't think lucas matthysse, a top 10 contender for the last 5 years, is world class?
              Last edited by New England; 10-05-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

He lost to every good fighter he's faced except for Peterson...
                yeah, but I still think he should've gotten the nod against Judah and Alexander. I digress though, some people's definition of world class is just different than mine I guess

Comment

Yo dawg these white boyz don't got no skillz yo

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Why couldn't he beat Maidana? Maidana's best win is Broner.

So Maidana must not be world class.
                    Seriously, how can you talk about Matthysse not being world class using Maidana as an example, when Maidana lost badly to a fighter Matthysse beat in the huge majority of opinion? If both guys "lose" to the same guy, then how is the one who lost badly world class but the the one who lost a robbery isn't? This is so ridiculous.

Matthysse has beaten world class fighters and fought the rest close. Clearly he is world class.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                      yeah, but I still think he should've gotten the nod against Judah and Alexander. I digress though, some people's definition of world class is just different than mine I guess

judah fight was close. the consensus leaned toward a lucas decidion, but there were close rounds.

the alexander fight was flat out robbery. that was a 10 round fight with a knockdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X