Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The further deterioration of Max Kellerman as a professional broadcaster...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I thought I'd get ONE reply where someone would stick up for the guy.

He truly is a boggle-eyed **** knuckle, ain't he? He's such a fanboy.
    Kellerman is a great commentator. Who are you to critique a professional boxing commentator? You've never mic'd it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Go back and check his apology to ODH for the mariachi band comments. Its not like this was limited to just outspoken black fighters.
      The De La Hoya incident came during his fight with Pernell Whitaker. When De la Hoya entered the ring to Mariachi music, Merchant stated that while he loved Mariachi music, he felt that it "stunk" in this particular situation. Merchant would later apologize on the air after De La Hoya tried to have him removed from HBO.

Wow!!! So racist!!!

Comment

I like Kellerman but "And eVANder HOLYfield is trying to CHOKE mike TYSON using his EAR."

lmao

Comment

that's all I said. I am tired of larry's comments regarding outspoken black fighters. He was about to do the exact same thing to Broner about the pink shorts and shoes before Lampley stopped him.

Yet jsfd26 accused me of playing the race card. Oh how quickly we forget.
          Fool, he said the same thing about Cotto, when he fought Floyd. He was referring to the Cotto fight, when he said, "what's with all the fighters and pink now a days, am i missing something?" (paraphrasing).

Just because he clowns on your little poor boy Floyd, doesn't make him a racist.

Comment

that's all I said. I am tired of larry's comments regarding outspoken black fighters. He was about to do the exact same thing to Broner about the pink shorts and shoes before Lampley stopped him.

Yet jsfd26 accused me of playing the race card. Oh how quickly we forget.
            Dude, you said it like Merchant doesn't critique other fighters that enter the ring on HBO...

Id like to know how long has Kellerman been involved in boxing? I first only started seeing/hearing of him when he was doing Around the Horn.

Comment

The only thing I like about Kellerman is when he bumps head with RJJr and he gets owned. His response is always "Yea well Roy, wouldn't you agree that blah blah blah." Then you just get a simplistic answer from Roy like "Yea..." in order to shut his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Dude, you said it like Merchant doesn't critique other fighters that enter the ring on HBO...

Id like to know how long has Kellerman been involved in boxing? I first only started seeing/hearing of him when he was doing Around the Horn.
                look dude you know exactly where he was going, and so did Lampley, thats why he stopped him. The point is don't accuse me of playing the rae card here. Larry's track record is proven

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                  Fool, he said the same thing about Cotto, when he fought Floyd. He was referring to the Cotto fight, when he said, "what's with all the fighters and pink now a days, am i missing something?" (paraphrasing).

Just because he clowns on your little poor boy Floyd, doesn't make him a racist.
                  No he didn't.Lamley's response and the context of the discussion clearly prove you are missing where Larry was headed. he was questioning Broner's flamboyance and he forgot about the symbolism of the pink.

true about clowning on floyd, but the fact that he has 50 years of criticizing outspoken blck fighters both in print and on TV does.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-26-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Lil Max tries to be "makes sense of it all" commentator but in reality he's a fan the fighters don't care for! Lambley is a joke...........he tries to talk about techniques but knows NOTHING about boxing moves or the reason why men box. Larry just wants a "fight to break out" when at a boxing match!!! I don't care for most of his comments but he does like what real fans like and thats two action fighters who are giving everything they have to WIN!! Anything other than that isn't acceptable to him........or me! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I don't mind Max because he gets excited and I like his enthusiasm plus he is good for a laugh.

I just don't give a shit what he really has to say because almost anything worthwhile he says is obvious to a true connoisseur of boxing and everything else is hyperbole. Also he is usually behind the curve in the flow of the fight failing to notice subtle changes, it usually takes him a round to catch on.

I don't think I have ever said to myself or anyone else for that matter "yea Max made a really good point there"
                      He does go against the grain occasionally though. He was the only one of Lampley, Steward, and Lederman to point out Marquez was actually in charge of the fight during Pac-Marquez III. I also remember during Marquez-Diaz I him being the only one of the commentary team pointing out that Marquez was the one doing the real damage when Diaz was trying to batter him against the ropes, when the rest of them were masturbating furiously to Diaz' aggression.

Would agree with a lot of the other criticisms here though. He's a real company man.

Comment

Working...
                      X