No announcement yet.

Nevada Drug Testing vs OST?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevada Drug Testing vs OST?

SO Lamont Peterson got caught with the routine drug testing conducted by Nevada State Athletic Commissions

NOT

Olympic style testing or random drug testing

SOOO

talk amongst yourselves
    Last edited by renren40; 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM.

Didn't they use VADA?????????

And if you think the normal NSAC testing is good enough, and that the USADA testing wouldn't catch loads of people....you're delusional.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 05-08-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by renren40 View Post
      SO Lamont Peterson got caught with the routine drug testing conducted by Nevada State Athletic Commissions

NOT

SOOO

my point is OST by the agencies that Mayweather prefers
      is not necessary!!
      As someone will surely note eventually, the testing was caught by VADA and then forwarded to the NSAC.

VADA is run by a lot of current and former NSAC members so its status as an independent drug agency is not entirely truthful. VADA can operate outside of Nevada and bring consistent drug testing policies to otherwise poorly run state commissions.

Comment

Originally posted by renren40 View Post

NOT

SOOO

my point is OST by the agencies that Mayweather prefers
        is not necessary!!
        Once an idiot, always an idiot.

Comment

It was a random test.

That's why they work.

Comment

Keep in mind, OST requires every active athlete in the sport to test randomly, while training for a fight or not. Not just leading up to the fight. This means if you are license and in waiting for say a fight to line up, you would still be randomly tested. Also the test would be banked and if there were any major inconsistencies that could help determine whether something happened or not. Like lets say your Hematocrit jumped or ****ed all the sudden from the norm or all the sudden you had a different MCV size then it would be obvious you did some kind of doping. Regarding MCV would be blood doping. There of course a tremendous amount of masking agents that are on the WADA list as well. Most doping is not done for muscle mass. usually its for a different edge as muscle mass in sport generally does not give an advantage. Recovery is the biggest problem in sport. Being able to go 12 rounds with out tiring for example. OST is done for ALL active athletes in the given sport. That means you could be training just to stay fit in the Himalayas and someone could come knocking for urine and blood (any hour of the day). The test generally are quick to perform. Its all the other bull**** (litigation) that takes so long. Chain of custody etc.. in alot of cases you must also have a registry notifying the agency if you will be going out of town, to where and how long.

This is not the case for all testing in sports but the ones that are doing the most to prevent doping are going about it this way. I side with Floyd in that I think many are doing it. I don't think pac man is doin it any more but I believe he has. Certain characteristics are very common with certain drugs and if it quacks like a duck, then its probably a duck. In sports we want to believe they greats don't cheat but the second you believe them you are let down by the truth. Look at BALCO. These guys are on the razors edge of athletes, tuned to a leevl we could never imagine for a very small window. Every little advantage they will take. Especially when the rewards are so large. Look at marquez drinking his own piss thinking it was an advantage. I'm sure some would eat their own **** too if they thought it would help.

Comment

Wrong, VADA is an independent drug testing agency head by Margaret Goodman who use to work under the NSAC, She has call for an updated random testing procedure without any success with the NSAC, So they form their own Voluntary anti-drug agency....And now they caught someone with a high-profile name RANDOMLY.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                It was a random test.

That's why they work.
                Yep.

VADA tests for short-term PEDs like testosterone pills which leave the body after a couple of hours.

If not for the random quality of the test, Lamont would've never been caught.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                  As someone will surely note eventually, the testing was caught by VADA and then forwarded to the NSAC.

VADA is run by a lot of current and former NSAC members so its status as an independent drug agency is not entirely truthful. VADA can operate outside of Nevada and bring consistent drug testing policies to otherwise poorly run state commissions.
                  I dont think thats right. Could be wrong but i dont think so.

Anyway VADA or USADA is far superior to Commsion testing in any state. Only a fool would think otherwise

Comment

Once again another topic by another idiot. OST testing will catch EVERYTHING the Nevada Commission testing will catch and things that the Nevada Commission won't catch.

Comment

Working...
                    X