Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Terrance Crawford the Lineal ww champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Lineal champion isn't an opinion. Every single authority that keeps track of lineal champions has Pacquiao as lineal by beating Bradley the 3rd time. You may not agree with it but it is a fact.
    Just let it go man. People around here cannot accept that Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn temporarily added Lineal Champion to his extensive, exhaustive resume after UNANIMOUSLY decisioning Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Lineal champion isn't an opinion. Every single authority that keeps track of lineal champions has Pacquiao as lineal by beating Bradley the 3rd time. You may not agree with it but it is a fact.
      It can be disputed and is disputed all the time such as Mayweather-Mosley starting a new Lineage in 2010 for example, Cyber Boxing Zone recognised that was a new Lineage but not everyone did.

Pacquaio however has even less of a claim. How can Pacquaio be Lineal Champion when he was coming off a loss and Bradley was 2-1-1 in his last 4? Literally makes no sense.

Every single authority doesn't claim he's Lineal and he's not Lineal at 147. All you need for that is common sense. You need to be universal #1 and #2 to start a new Lineage and neither of them were anywhere close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        It can be disputed and is disputed all the time such as Mayweather-Mosley starting a new Lineage in 2010 for example, Cyber Boxing Zone recognised that was a new Lineage but not everyone did.

Pacquaio however has even less of a claim. How can Pacquaio be Lineal Champion when he was coming off a loss and Bradley was 2-1-1 in his last 4? Literally makes no sense.

Every single authority doesn't claim he's Lineal and he's not Lineal at 147. All you need for that is common sense. You need to be universal #1 and #2 to start a new Lineage and neither of them were anywhere close to that.
        That guy thinks Indongo was highly skilled. So I'm not surprised he has no clue about proper lineage. He's either a moron or he's a good troll acting like a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
          To be Lineal Champ (post-Ring listing), a boxer should either:

1) BE THE MAN IN THE DIVISION - which I understand as unifying the belts

ex. Vlad after Lewis retired became Lineal Champ eventhough he didnt fight Lewis

2) BEAT THE MAN IN THE DIVISION - self explanatory.

ex. Fury beat Vlad, therefore is considered the lineal champ

But here's where it becomes unclear to me. Does lineal championship carry over to winner, over and over....

ex. if Wilder beats Fury, will be the lineal champ?

MY OPINION: I dont think that is the case unless Wilder unifies and solidifies his position as No. 1 in HW. It is only passes over to a winner once, i.e. if the current lineal champ is beaten, the title goes to the winner.
          The lineal championship is simply the man who beat the man. If the man retires, the vacancy is filled when the public & media come to a consensus of who the two best fighters are and they fight each other.

The argument for Fury not being lineal champion is that he tweeted that he was retired. The argument for Fury being lineal champion is that he also tweeted that he was just joking and he wasn't actually retired.

The public & media still consider Fury the lineal champion, so if Wilder beats him, Wilder will be lineal champion. Had Pianeta won, he would have been lineal champion.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Just let it go man. People around here cannot accept that Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn temporarily added Lineal Champion to his extensive, exhaustive resume after UNANIMOUSLY decisioning Manny.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s#Welterweight

Don't see him.

Comment

uh im not sure but...

floyd mayweather vs manny pacquaio was for lineal status

mayweather won

mayweather retired

the lineal crown became vacant

i just checked welterweight rankings at end of 2015 before pac fought bradley and they are not the number 1 and 2 ranked welterweights

1. Kell Brook
              2. Manny Pacquiao
              3. Amir Khan
              4. Timothy Bradley
              5. Keith Thurman

a vacant lineal crown can only be competed for by the top 2 ranked fighters in the division

the lineal crown at welterweight is currently vacant

Comment

Whether a case can be made for Crawford or not, this is a perfect illustration of how meaningless the lineal title is.

Comment

No there is no lineal champ. I think there should be a tournament to determine that title.
                  I personally think Spence beats all of these guys right now including Crawford.
                  Who knows if Thurman will ever be healthy again.
                  Porter and Garcia are clearly a step below the top of the division. Pacquio is fading and ripe for one of the young guys to knock him into retirement. If he dares to face Crawford or Spence.

Comment

Transnational Boxing and places people look to, like Cyber boxing had Pacquiao/Bradley for lineage. He's down on the list as the last lineal at WW. But it seems also that he lost that status when he retired. Even though his retirement was brief.

Pacquiao against Vargas and Horn didn't have lineal at stake.

Comment

Working...
                    X