Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If all fighters become their own promoters how would that change the game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this answers it

It would breed far more managers/agents representing their boxer which would be clients to make fights

Eventually 2-3 agents would have several boxers they work for and become the boxing super managers/agents

You would see boxers also sign deals to be screened with certain broadcasters and the broadcasters would set the card up by arranging fights again by contacting other agents/managers

The more I think about it, it’s impossible, the promoter plays a vital vital role in keeping the balance and arranging everything, there will always be one who is the circus owner

Comment

Larry you fool, fighters fight, they suck at promotion! Larry serious you have to lay down crack pipe and focus on actual boxing. Smh.

Comment

what fighters are doing it? i havent seen it....

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
          what fighters are doing it? i havent seen it....
          They're really aren't any. Even Haymon fighters aren't really independent even if they technically don't have a "promoter". They still sign a contract and give Al his 10%. I can see why some fighters would want to cut out the middleman but being a promoter is a lot of work especially when you are also fighting full time. De La Hoya learned this which is why he hired Richard Schaefer to do all the day to day stuff at Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            They're really aren't any. Even Haymon fighters aren't really independent even if they technically don't have a "promoter". They still sign a contract and give Al his 10%. I can see why some fighters would want to cut out the middleman but being a promoter is a lot of work especially when you are also fighting full time. De La Hoya learned this which is why he hired Richard Schaefer to do all the day to day stuff at Golden Boy.
            yeah thats what i thought, strange thread lol.

Comment

All the self promoted champions would fight journeymen and not care about competitive fights or unifications
              Look what TMT, K2, Cotto promotions did to the game
              BS fights BS scorecards new weightclasses

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Just answer the damn question , how would the landscape of boxing change if boxers would forgo promoters and promote themselves!!! is that broken down enough for you?
                are you ******ed or something?

99% of fighters CANNOT ADVANCE THEIR CAREER WITHOUT THE GUIDANCE AND BACKING OF A PROMOTER.

Case in point. If not for Top Rank doing the first 15 or 20 fights for the Charlos, they would not be where they are today.

Is that simple enough for you?
                Last edited by OnePunch; 08-15-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

If you look at the current landscape of boxing Al Haymon advised fighters make up
                  the majority of fighters crossing barriers to make fights happen!

We need more of this from other boxing outfits! Their "promoters" are preventing this!

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

99% of fighters CANNOT ADVANCE THEIR CAREER WITHOUT THE GUIDANCE AND BACKING OF A PROMOTER.

Larry is a special kind of simpleton, he needs facts punched into his head.

Comment

Originally posted by onepunch View Post

99% of fighters cannot advance their career without the guidance and backing of a promoter.

Case in point. If not for top rank doing the first 15 or 20 fights for the charlos, they would not be where they are today.

you seem to be ******ed thinking just because someone is a boxer they cant be successful when that has been proven wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X