No announcement yet.

Frank Warren: Major Interest From Other Promoters To Sign Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
    This seem like a shady thing to put out there even if it's true. It makes it look like Joshua might be contemplating leaving Hearn just by saying he's talking to other promoters.
    Why shady? Joshua should definitely explore options even if he was 100% sure he wanted to stick with Hearn right now. Always +EV to see whats out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Why shady? Joshua should definitely explore options even if he was 100% sure he wanted to stick with Hearn right now. Always +EV to see whats out there.
      I agree it's good for Joshua to explore his options but he should be the one to put it out there. Not Warren. Especially, since he is obligated to Hearn at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
        The whole point Matchroom and Hearn exist is because they have a EXCLUSIVE deal with Sky Sports.
        Isn't Hearn able to sign off of any fight doe?

Why wouldn't he sign off on a Joshua fight or why wouldn't Sky pressure him to even if he was butthurt about Joshua leaving him?

I assume Hearn is getting some sorta upside with any PPV since Sky gave him the status they give him & Joshua is gonna make someone PPV money if he fights on Sky or nah.

And idk the UK PPV landscape, but it does seem like there are other players, ITV(?) at a minimum, that could become a bigger player if it got Joshua's PPV action it seems like to me. But maybe there is an angle I'm missing there not on top of with the PPV industry in the UK.

Comment

I agree it's good for Joshua to explore his options but he should be the one to put it out there. Not Warren. Especially, since he is obligated to Hearn at the moment.
          Why can't Warren talk about it? He's half of the talks & Joshua's contract with Hearn is coming to an end. Joshua is exploring promoters, Warren is exploring fighters. I don't see why it'd need to be secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Why can't Warren talk about it? He's half of the talks & Joshua's contract with Hearn is coming to an end. Joshua is exploring promoters, Warren is exploring fighters. I don't see why it'd need to be secret.
            Maybe Joshua don't want it to come out that he's talking to others. You also notice none of the other promoters came out and said anything. (Not that I'm aware of)

He can certainly talk about but it would be a little professional courtesy if he kept it out of the media. Unless he spoke to Joshua and he didn't have a problem if he said anything.

Comment

Maybe Joshua don't want it to come out that he's talking to others. You also notice none of the other promoters came out and said anything. (Not that I'm aware of)

He can certainly talk about but it would be a little professional courtesy if he kept it out of the media. Unless he spoke to Joshua and he didn't have a problem if he said anything.
              I'd assume it went really well or really bad for Warren to be talking about it & its Warren so idk that I can buy it went really well lol. So probably nothing to lose & only headlines to gain by mentioning it.

I would agree with you its unprofessional or at least in a grey area if he didn't ask or tell Joshua he'd be mentioning this publicly, but I kinda suspect Warrenwouldn't care so much.

Or they mighta gotten pics of Joshua going into his office or having lunch with him or something so its really much ado about nothing cuz people knew already in the UK media/sportsworld & it was getting out or was out already perhaps idk.

Comment

Those fish eyes see everything

Comment

It's well known that frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have a rivalry. Frank Warren is frank(ly) jealous of what Eddie has managed to achieve. He often says things like "anyone could promote Joshua" etc. now that may have become true now but you have to give Eddie Hearn credit for getting him where he is, and Joshua isn't the only fighter. I mean who would have fought Tony bellew and David hate would have been a big fight 3 years ago? Probably no one could have said that was a ppv?

I think Joshua has been guided well but promoted well also by both Eddie and sky, and he would be foolish to change something that isn't broken in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                    AJ needs to leave Racist Bully Eddie Hearn

Why do you call Hearn a racist???

Comment

AJ will bring back humility to promotion.

#stayhumble

Comment

Working...
                      X