Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders' Promoter: Jacobs Fight Will Happen on Our Terms!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
    Very well said.

I see no reason in Saunders fighting Jacobs, when Jacobs is not even aggressively chasing him. So he the champion should challenge Jacobs a guy who brings no money, belts, not a mandatory and not even a fight fans are demanding. Makes no sense to me.

GGG already said he wants all the belts, been aaying that for years now. He can get Saunders who already called him out just some days ago if he wins the Canelo fight.
    Of course GGG wants all the belts, but he also wants to be involved in 'big drama show'. Will he and his team be eager to put him against an unpopular 'runner', on regular HBO, after being involved in two successful PPV fights? If GGG loses the Canelo rematch then they may be even less inclined to put him in next against a 'runner' that could potentially make him look bad. Stylistically, the relatively big Saunders is not a good match for squat Canelo, either. It's not that Golovkin and Canelo can't potentially beat Saunders, it's the fact that they want to look good and not have to chase their opponent. I don't think that Saunders dominant yet anti-climactic performance against Lemieux was exciting enough to significantly spark public interest in a Canelo/Golovkin fight. Of course British fans want to see the fight, they just want an excuse to sing a drunken rendition of 'Sweet Caroline'.
    Bum Bum Bum. Good times never seemed so good!
    Damn, now I'm doing it too.
    But I'm still not overly enthusiastic about the prospect of a Sanders vs Golovkin/Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      If bily joe loses to Jacobs then he could kiss a $boxing match$ with Nelo goodbye. That's why. Nelo brings the most money in boxing now so Nelo is the aim.
      'Nelo brings the money. True.
      Conversely, BJS brings nothing but his title and the promise of making himself difficult to find. He recently boasted that opponents "won't be able to keep up" with him. A statement that sounds more like something Usain Bolt would say than a prizefighter. I have to give the devil his due, but Sanders isn't the most attractive opponent for either Canelo/Golovkin.
      Like Amir Khan, maybe Saunders now overestimates his own level of clout. Hopefully he doesn't end-up waiting for the big fight that never comes. Even worse for him would be if he's forced by the WBO to defend against the likes of Daniel Jacobs or Jermall Charlo for 'peanuts'.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        BJS style would give Canelo trouble IMO. Defensive boxers who move away in Mayweather and Lara gave him plenty of trouble. Heck Khan even gave Canelo trouble until he got KTFO...
        Only problem with your argument is that when he fought Mayweather he was as naive, green and amateurish as could be vs. the trickiest "fighter" ever, and he was drained as heck to boot. Against Lara he was a bit more experienced in fighting vs. a defensive-elusive opponent, and he was way stronger because he wasn't drained.

And now, fighting at his REAL weight division, and with the experience fighting those two super-elusive and difficult opponents, I really think Canelo could handle BJS way better than the pathetic display put in by super one-dimensional Lemieux, who could never really hit BJS. But Canelo would. It would be a very interesting matchup IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          What do you expect when yet another Brit fighter is ducking a tough American threat because "he doesn't bring anything to the table, doe?"
          Hahaha What the hell do you mean???? It's always the other way round you idiot.

Saunders isn't ducking Jacobs in the slightest. He's clearly said he'd fight him if he comes to the UK. Why would the champ have to travel for a second time? Not only that, but Saunders is much more proven. He's beaten Lemule, Eubank, Lee and O'Sullivin. Who has Jacobs beaten? Quillen?? Hahahaha

Name these British fighters that have ducked so called tough American match-ups??

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
            Only problem with your argument is that when he fought Mayweather he was as naive, green and amateurish as could be vs. the trickiest "fighter" ever, and he was drained as heck to boot. Against Lara he was a bit more experienced in fighting vs. a defensive-elusive opponent, and he was way stronger because he wasn't drained.

And now, fighting at his REAL weight division, and with the experience fighting those two super-elusive and difficult opponents, I really think Canelo could handle BJS way better than the pathetic display put in by super one-dimensional Lemieux, who could never really hit BJS. But Canelo would. It would be a very interesting matchup IMHO.
            Bjs size, stance, workrate and style will definitely be tricky regardless of what Canelo has learned. Canelo is a skilful boxer but I don't see him knocking bjs out and I can definitely see him losing rounds

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              BJS has a world title and a stand out win in his last fight, in the other guy's home town. Jacob's last fight was against a C level nobody. So why are you saying Bill is the one who needs to prove himself, not Danny?
              Saunders fought a guy that comes straight forward. Most times power fighters are easily beat by guys that are skillful boxer. All that power means nothing if you can't hit the guy. All of saying...fight somebody with some SKILL....not a come forward club fighter

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
                If Jacobs wants it, he is not showing any signs. He barely called out the winner of Saunders and Lemieux fight, made some whispers about wanting the winner. Fight is over, he said nothing.

If Jacobs wants the fight, this passive attitude will not get him there because there is actually no reason to fight him. He needs to demand it, make a lot of noise about it.

The ball to get things going is in Jacobs court.
                You make good points...but think about it even guys that call out other guys the loudest still don't necessary get the fight. Spence is calling out everyone at 147..you see whats happening there. Wilder calls out Joshua everyday...we see whats happening there. Everybody want to make Floyd money fighting bums. Fight the best like you claim you want and the money will be there and the fans will be less frustrated.

Comment

Working...
                X