Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik, Five Years Later, Has Zero Career Regrets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavlik had regrets in an invterview a few years ago but I'm glad he is moving away now. Hopefully there's no more alcohol and whatever else was around.

Thing is, Pavlik was always a puncher but in relaity, he didn't have much else. Don't get me wrong, its a hell of an attribute and he was alwaysg oing to be world class because of it but it would never have been enough to beat the true heir to the middleweight crown, Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Pavlik was and still is a bum

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
        I actually preferred the Edison Miranda fight to the Taylor fight.
        Both fights were great, for that time he and the moment he was Brillant.

Nothing wrong with retiring

Comment

Pavlik is a sick man with some serious alcohol issues and no family love

Forget the alcoholism than has destroyed Pavkil but has anyone ever seen fricking Youngstown OHio? If the world ever needs an enema then the nozzle would be placed in Youngstown Oh. Pavlik through drinking destroyed a nice boxing career as Pav had no support group at home to give the drunk family love and guidance. All Kelly Pavlik had was a bunch of mooches and losers hanging on for every penny they could get. Also that street paving loser trainer Jack azz Loews was terrible also. Let Pavlik go away as a hopeless alcoholic with memories only of his last drink.

Comment

If he would had held on to his career and gone to 168 he would had great match ups.

Martinez stated that Pavlik had freaky power

Comment

[QUOTE=kilojay505;17828663]Pavlik was and still is a bum[/QUOT is your boxing record better, how many world titles did you win? I'm curious

Comment

Good for Kelly !!! Very good fighter !!!

Comment

Always enjoyed watching this guy fight. Gotta give him props for retiring on his own terms. He lost to two very good fighters so no shame in that. He's financially set so he accomplished everything he wanted.
                  I wish more boxers would retire before they took unnecessary punishment like Hopkins being knocked out the ring in his last fight. Thats a ****ed up way to end a hall of fame career.

Comment

For a former alcoholic, Pavlik's reasoning is pretty sound.

Anyhow, he was a great fighter, very entertaining to watch. He ruined Taylor (who was no slouch) and destroyed any hope for Miranda - who had given hell to Arthur Abraham in Germany - to be a champion one day. He also knocked out decent contenders (Zuniga, McKart).

Hopkins, no shame in losing to him. The Martinez fight happened at the beginning of Kelly's declining phase; had they fought at the time of the two Taylor fights, probably Martinez would have been knocked out.

Comment

People on here so quick to be disrepectful, and probably would be the first to say hi and ask for autograph if they saw Kelly in person.

Comment

Working...
                      X