Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Fedor the best fighter the world has ever seen????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a word. . . Yes.

Comment

• No one beats Charles Bronson.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexDeuce View Post
        I like the guy and love to watch him fight. I wasn't a fan of his at first, but I am now. Damn he is good. Is he the best fighter the world has ever seen?????

I have kept up with MMA since I watched it as a kid in 1993, and I don't think there has ever been anyone as good as Fedor. He does it all. I will say in the 1980's, I think Rickson Gracie was the best fighter on the planet. That is before anyone knew much about grappling. Today's Fedor would hurt Rickson even in his prime.

So the answer is a simple yes. Anyone disagree?
        IMO yes. his accomplishments+his overall fighting abilities make him the best fighter to ever live.

Comment

• Originally posted by j View Post
          see, "in mma" is the key here.

people here just don't know of all the fighters throughout history and across the world. this thread is not really a good topic imo. there can not be a good answer. and even mentioning somethings outside of people's knowledge had already made somebody here argue with me like i don't know wtf i am talking about. and i started martial arts over a decade ago!

personally, i'll take bas rutten any day over him.

what are you basing this on? cuz I agree that he could have "POTENTIALLY" been the sickest fighter but we cannot know that because he got injured and was forced to retire.

Its too bad though, Rutten would have had a great career IMO.

Comment

• In my opinion, absolutely. I'm sure there have been some truly talented fighters throughout the history of the human race, but I don't think that they have ever been as complete as modern day Mixed Martial Artists.

MMA has existed for a long time. But the ability for fighters to train all the superior martial arts together under very talented instructors is a relatively modern development.

In the past, martial artists often stuck with one style. Nowadays, the average Mixed Martial Artist trains Muay Thai and/or boxing, as well as wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Often suplemented with other martial arts like Judo or Sambo.

They have personal trainers and advanced equipment to get themselves into incredible shape.

They eat all the right food and do all the right things.

Injuries that would have been career ending years ago can be dealt with easily now.

The important thing here is skill, but training equipment, diet, and medicine are worth mentioning.

Comment

• Could be. Sometimes I think about how these MMA stars would match up against Warlords and savages from the past.

Fedor vs Guan Yu

Comment

Working...
              X