Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remebering Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson did get me into the sport in the late 80's he was a machine. You watch the old Tyson Highlights and you realize how far the heavyweight division has fallen. Fat out of shape boxers, horribly boring Klitschko fights...
    As for people who question Tyson's legacy things would have been a lot different if Hollyfield and Lewis had fought Mike in his prime. Find me a single twenty year old who can become world champion and dominate the heavyweight division, any division for that matter the way Mike Tyson did it!

Comment

Originally posted by King Koko View Post
      Tyson did get me into the sport in the late 80's he was a machine. You watch the old Tyson Highlights and you realize how far the heavyweight division has fallen. Fat out of shape boxers, horribly boring Klitschko fights...
      As for people who question Tyson's legacy things would have been a lot different if Hollyfield and Lewis had fought Mike in his prime. Find me a single twenty year old who can become world champion and dominate the heavyweight division, any division for that matter the way Mike Tyson did it!
      Tyson was a conduit for many fans young and old, and rightly so. He was excitement personified. But look how far the heavyweight division had fallen from Tysons prime years and the 70's. Todays heavies are God awful, but the division has historicly had its ups and downs.

Age means little in my opinion. Tyson was a beast at 20 and getting beat up by Buster Douglas by 23. His skills had eroded horribly. There were many, many young fighters to be dominant at a young age and excell for years. Longevity is a major factor in greatnes, in my opinion. Tyson was great, but there were many fighters who were greater, for longer and just as dominant if not as exciting.

Oh what could have been!

Comment

Tyson is the greatest, if you do not agree.....you are a whore.

Comment

Mike tyson is a real life Jake 'de' Muss

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Tyson is the greatest, if you do not agree.....you are a whore.
            That post reeks "mental lightweight".

Poet

Comment

Before this turns into yet another soapbox for Tyson nuthuggers to slobber over their god, here's a friendly reminder:

Who's Your Daddy?!

Poet
              Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 04-22-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Can't one say ''he was a good fighter'' without being called a nuthugger?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
                  Can't one say ''he was a good fighter'' without being called a nuthugger?
                  Not at all. I say he's a good fighter and I currently have him ranked 10th all-time. What makes someone a nuthugger is when they start proclaiming Tyson the "best ever" or "unbeatable in his prime" and make post saying how he'd clean up the Heavyweight ATG list like they're all Pinklon Thomas fresh out of rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    This is just to piss the nuthuggers off:

PLEASE DADDY! I'LL BE A GOOD BOY!

PLEASE MR. HOLYFIELD, DON'T HURT ME NO MORE!

YES MR. LEWIS, YOU ARE MY DADDY!

HERE MR. MCBRIDE, TAKE MY LUNCH MONEY!

Poet

ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                      No dout Tyson was a special talent. And in his prime was a Brillant fighter. But some people will always overrate him, and boast about him to much and say how he would of destroyed any fighter in his prime etc, and how he was unbeatable. It will never stop.
                      Because it's true.

Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion at 21 years of age.

It speaks for itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X