Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Loma fighting Tank Davis' leftovers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
    Who is a better fighter--Mares or Pedraza?
    Right now I would say Pedraza is better. Mares is way too small to compete at 130. His best days were at 118 and 122, and that was about 7-8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      "Undefeated" doesn't always mean you're a great fighter. Pedraza is clearly a solid fighter but nothing more. Lomachenko has fought and beat better fighters than Pedraza yet you give him no credit for those wins even the unbeaten ones.
      What? Y’all just come on here and say anything Loma gets credit for all of his wins. I’m guessing Pedraza will be a great win for Loma though. Y’all will say it’s a great win because he’s coming off injury. Pedraza was a undefeated world champion coming off 3 title defenses. The only person better than Pedraza on Loma resume would probably be Rigo. You can debate that he’s just as good as the other guys Loma fought. I know he’s better that Salido

Comment

my guess is that it will be ANOTHER fighter coming off a loss and coming up in weight.
        You mean like Miguel Marriaga lol how many guys have Loma made Move up compared to Gervonta?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          What? Y’all just come on here and say anything Loma gets credit for all of his wins. I’m guessing Pedraza will be a great win for Loma though. Y’all will say it’s a great win because he’s coming off injury. Pedraza was a undefeated world champion coming off 3 title defenses. The only person better than Pedraza on Loma resume would probably be Rigo. You can debate that he’s just as good as the other guys Loma fought. I know he’s better that Salido
          Pedraza isn't as good as Russell, Walters or Linares. I don't think it will be a great win. It will be his 5th or 6th best win. Rocky Martinez is better than Salido but I'm not sure Pedraza's eclipsed Salido yet. Salido's accomplished a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            You mean like Miguel Marriaga lol how many guys have Loma made Move up compared to Gervonta?
            Two. Rigo and Marriaga.

Davis had Cuellar move up after a loss and nearly two years out the ring and he's making Mares move up after a loss. There's probably others too.

Comment

Pedraza isn't as good as Russell, Walters or Linares. I don't think it will be a great win. It will be his 5th or 6th best win. Rocky Martinez is better than Salido but I'm not sure Pedraza's eclipsed Salido yet. Salido's accomplished a lot more.
              dàmn forgot about GRJ the other two is a toss up in my opinion

Comment

Its a get a belt for free situation for TR/Loma I feel like. I'm sure they would even liked to have fought someone different then Pedraza for another belt, but Pedraza won the fight so here's Pedraza to gift Loma his newly found present.

I will say I am kinda curious about this fight in so far as we can compare Tank's & Loma's fights with Pedraza. I think post-fight that might be the most interesting topic up for discussion. I think Loma's performance here could get people amped up for Loma vs Tank again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Because Loma is coming back from injury and he needs an easy tune up fight and the winner of Beltran/Pedrazza is as easy as it gets for someone like Loma.
                  /End thread

Comment

He is fighting a world champion the same weight as himself. When did that become a poor choice of opponents? He would rather fight Tank but Tank doesn't want to fight him yet.

Comment

Tell Tank to step up or stop crying.

Comment

Working...
                      X