Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Predicts: Flagship US Fighters Will Come To Matchroom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    They began planning in 2013 and began airing in 2015.

There is nothing radical about the Hearn-DAZN deal. Its a basic licensing fee deal on a new platform. We've seen this before. The time buy was a new strategy we hadn't seen before.

On the surface it's easy to predict what'll happen with DAZN in the US. I'm not just talking about Hearn but DAZN as a whole. They won't be successful without rights to a major US sport. And the names they have for boxing aren't big enough to gain a lot of subscribers. Its common sense.
    They spent 2 years and 500million on creating exactly the same thing that has always been there. And ran out of money.

DAZN is for sure more 'inventive' and modern than what PBC did. They market is going digital that is undeniable.

But you may be right that they need a huge sport. Entirely possible. I'm sure they know that.

Comment

• I don't see the Charlo brothers, who are currently $500K fighters, not to mention on undercards, moving over to DAZN. They're too comfortable being safe in their uncle Al's protective shelter. Plus, they get to relax and loiter around for 7 months in between fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        They spent 2 years and 500million on creating exactly the same thing that has always been there. And ran out of money.

DAZN is for sure more 'inventive' and modern than what PBC did. They market is going digital that is undeniable.

But you may be right that they need a huge sport. Entirely possible. I'm sure they know that.
        Can you link me to a credible source that proves they spent $500 mil?

PBC has been shown on Showtime's app which can be bought without having a cable subscription. That's the way I watch the fights. All of their Fox fights will also be shown on the Fox app. PBC has been ahead of the digital market.

If DAZN is going to be the netflix of sports as they claim, they're going to need a lot more than boxing. And I just don't see how they can break into the U.S. market with Disney (ESPN, ABC & FOX), Comcast (NBC), and CBS all vying for digital rights to NFL, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, and MLB. And also expect players like Twitter, Amazon, and Facebook to join the fray.

Comment

PBC has been shown on Showtime's app which can be bought without having a cable subscription. That's the way I watch the fights. All of their Fox fights will also be shown on the Fox app. PBC has been ahead of the digital market.

If DAZN is going to be the netflix of sports as they claim, they're going to need a lot more than boxing. And I just don't see how they can break into the U.S. market with Disney (ESPN, ABC & FOX), Comcast (NBC), and CBS all vying for digital rights to NFL, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, and MLB. And also expect players like Twitter, Amazon, and Facebook to join the fray.
          no use trying to talk sense to someone like the lacedup clown...he is a hater through and through...nothing but nonsense babble from him with no facts

this clown simply thinks dazn is an app and there arent any apps in the US lol..like hearn invented the idea....

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
            I don't see the Charlo brothers, who are currently $500K fighters, not to mention on undercards, moving over to DAZN. They're too comfortable being safe in their uncle Al's protective shelter. Plus, they get to relax and loiter around for 7 months in between fights.
            the charlos make the same money, "undercarding", that jacobs makes headlining on hbo...lol

Comment

Didn't I do that in this thread already? By the very people who invested in Al Haymon's company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                no use trying to talk sense to someone like the lacedup clown...he is a hater through and through...nothing but nonsense babble from him with no facts

this clown simply thinks dazn is an app and there arent any apps in the US lol..like hearn invented the idea....
                I don't know who this guy even is I must be all you care about since you talk about me all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I don't know who this guy even is I must be all you care about since you talk about me all the time.
                  lol....nah..i just think you are a complete idiot...and im not the only one that feels that way about you.....we actually pity you....you let your emotions get the best of you when it comes to this boxing stuff.....you dont even believe half the stuff you say......but your female emotions lead you to say stupid stuff....your foolish pride.....anyways....enjoy being an utter buffoon....

you are that dumb to think that the US platforms arent already digital...lol...."oh man that eddie hearn hes the only guy streaming...what a genius"!!! lolol...ur are sad

Comment

lol....nah..i just think you are a complete idiot...and im not the only one that feels that way about you.....we actually pity you....you let your emotions get the best of you when it comes to this boxing stuff.....you dont even believe half the stuff you say......but your female emotions lead you to say stupid stuff....your foolish pride.....anyways....enjoy being an utter buffoon....

you are that dumb to think that the US platforms arent already digital...lol...."oh man that eddie hearn hes the only guy streaming...what a genius"!!! lolol...ur are sad

Oh dear.

You need to get a life my son.

Comment

First show in October. Definitely not what he promised. Should be interesting. Not from an app standpoint (flop), but how big the crowd is.

Comment

Working...
                      X