Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Golovkin, Wilder-Fury, Cotto, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t read Doug’s work at all stopped reading his biased BS two years ago! Bread is one of the best, but at this rate of biase I won’t be reading him much longer either.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
      They've already sold 75,000 tickets. It's just simply not possible for Deontay Wilder to do anything comparable to that when Americans are mostly casual fans and are terrible about supporting our own. That's partially why Wilder hasn't gained the popularity that he deserves. It's bullshît really. HBO is not helping at all with its love jones for foreign fighters. And now it seems like they're pulling the plug on boxing. And they refuse to work with Al Haymon. So we have an American Heavy Weight Champion who has to behave like a pro wrestler to get attention...

I totally agree!

Comment

They've already sold 75,000 tickets. It's just simply not possible for Deontay Wilder to do anything comparable to that when Americans are mostly casual fans and are terrible about supporting our own. That's partially why Wilder hasn't gained the popularity that he deserves. It's bullshît really. HBO is not helping at all with its love jones for foreign fighters. And now it seems like they're pulling the plug on boxing. And they refuse to work with Al Haymon. So we have an American Heavy Weight Champion who has to behave like a pro wrestler to get attention...
        75,000 tickets at 6 dollars a piece! Lmao! No one in the boxing world is even talking bout AJ vs Povetkin.. lmao!..

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
          75,000 tickets at 6 dollars a piece! Lmao! No one in the boxing world is even talking bout AJ vs Povetkin.. lmao!..
          True. But what does that tell you? That's a good fight. And it's doing good business. Yet no one is even taking about it. You add it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
            Pretty good mailbag. Not sure I wanted to read that War and Peace epic by whoever about Mike McCallum, it should have been edited, way too long, but 'the body snatcher IS one of the most underrated fighters of his era.

He beat my hero Julian Jackson, and I would love to have seen Mike in with a prime James Toney or Roy Jones. (his last two losses came to them in the '97 and '96 when he was nearly 40, and back then 30 was considered old)
            One of the things about McCallum was he had a solid chin, incredible will and stamina and, as mention great boxing skills.

The two things Cotto and GGG have in common is Abel Sanchez. I say two, because Sanchez works well only with fighters who do well making a focusing on their opponents to the detriment of their natural talents.
            When Sanchez trained Cotto, his famed left hook almost disappeared and he became a different, more defensive counterpuncher.
            He returned to the old Cotto (that's why the writer said a different Cotto emerged in '09 or whenever, because he left Sanchez and his overly scientific - emphasis on analysing and adjusting for an opponent's style of training. The natural left hook returned as did the Cotto of old.)

GGG has the same problem, everybody who's anybody knows that Golovkin's blueprint for beating Canelo is simple and right in front of his face, but Sanchez will have Gennady's blood analysed, study endless videos of the first fight and look for flaws in Alvarez's game - when the key lies with what the writer said - He just needs to get vicious and bully Canelo into the corner, the ropes, take a step back and unload body shots galore, or like Iron Mike hit him all over - the battle of the chins is tight, but I think Gennady's will hold upjust that bit better than Canelos.

How frustrating is it going to be when we watch the fight and see the tentative GGG plodding forward, tapping on the door, throwing 1 or two punches at a time, while Canelo basically gives him a boxing lesson?

Toney said Mike McCallum taught him how to fight

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
              The two things Cotto and GGG have in common is Abel Sanchez. I say two, because Sanchez works well only with fighters who do well making a focusing on their opponents to the detriment of their natural talents.
              When Sanchez trained Cotto, his famed left hook almost disappeared and he became a different, more defensive counterpuncher.
              He returned to the old Cotto (that's why the writer said a different Cotto emerged in '09 or whenever, because he left Sanchez and his overly scientific - emphasis on analysing and adjusting for an opponent's style of training. The natural left hook returned as did the Cotto of old.)
              When was Cotto trained by Abel Sanchez?

Comment

Wow, yet another masterclass by Breadman

I feel like I've just taken a college course after I read this man. Dude's a genius, especially that breakdown of Mike McCallum's career and how he wasn't really ducked by the Big 4.

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                He just doesn't like Floyd the same way you do. Most grown men don't like dudes that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as HGH, Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin rematch, Miguel Cotto, Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter, Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, and more.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  Good stuff.

Agree with most of what he says here, except the bits about Durants move - Lebrons was worse, he assembled his team he didn't join one, and about the Cotto/Maravilla fight. I don't recall Cotto being that much of an underdog and everyone knew about Maravilla being over the hill and having shot knees. Also feel he overrates Garcia, hard. Did like the part about Burley.

Comment

And I noticed how you characterized his refusal to test as a refusal to be tested by USADA.
                    Floyd proved that USADA can not be trusted.

They should be disbanded and lose all government funding.

Comment

Originally posted by MidWestBrawler View Post
                      Floyd proved that USADA can not be trusted.

They should be disbanded and lose all government funding.
                      No Floyd proved how biased and racist the boxing media is. While they try to discredit the agency with public funding (USADA) they praise the private company that was founded by the same guy that was indited by the feds for helping boxers get away with using performance enhancing drugs. Trust the guy who was convicted of crimes related to drug cheating and be suspicious of the athlete that wants to compete on an even playing field. Only in America where being a good ole' boy will allow you to get away with anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X