Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berchelt: Valdez Motivated By Those That Say He Has No Chance; It's Going To Be A War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar is a warrior and a great fighter . I’m a fan of both. But I believe berchelt is too big and too strong for Valdez. Berchelt in 10

Comment

I post this once a year but Vladez is from my neighborhood and represent the city. I find myself rooting against him sometimes

Comment

Hopefully Valdez don't fight in a reserved canelo defensive style but instead takes to Miguel . honestly that's the only way I see him winning .

Comment

Sometimes you can talk yourself out of the obvious answer. Berchelt is naturally bigger, more well rounded, has been with his team longer, and is the better disciplined fighter. Valdez is to be disrespected at his opponents own risk, and there are a couple scenarios he wins. But Berchelt sees a dangerous warrior across the ring so he will not box stupid.

Berchelt wins, Valdez has his moments, and the boxing fans smart enough to tune in to ESPN to watch this will have a great time. Sign me up.

Comment

Yes ! This fight seems to me that it's going under the radar ! This is a great fight in the making and am looking forward to it ! I got Berholt winning by stoppage around the 10th round but not without Valdez putting a great fight !

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Valdez has the athletic advantage over Berchelt, I do not see this being easy for Berchelt. If Valdez stays disciplined and doesn't get into an un necessary war, he will win, he will get knocked down most likely but he can win.
              I am with the consensus here in taking Berchelt. And it will break my heart to see Valdez lose. BUT I disagree completely with one thing mentioned here.... "if Valdez stays disciplined and doesn't get into an un necessary war, he will win,...."

That is SO wrong. In fact, the disciplined Valdez is why everyone is picking Berchelt. As one person here commented.... Valdez has looked TERRIBLE since Quigg fight and change in trainer. He looks like a pitbull with the shock collar. Not sure how to be himself. But if he can get back to being that warrior, and taking a punch to land his own punch, he's got a better chance. And Berchelt is the perfect fighter to bring that out of him. Cuz Valdez WILL get hit. A reckless Valdez will create a fan friendly fight, and opportunity

Comment

Working...
              X