No announcement yet.

PS5 Unreal engine 5 graphics demo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS5 Unreal engine 5 graphics demo

I have a rtx 2080 and it struggles to stay at 60 fps with ray tracing on on tomb raider and metro exodus.

If this demo with these dynamic lighting effects isn't bullshlt then the next gen consoles will be far above most high end rigs today for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
      I have a rtx 2080 and it struggles to stay at 60 fps with ray tracing on on tomb raider and metro exodus.

If this demo with these dynamic lighting effects isn't bullshlt then the next gen consoles will be far above most high end rigs today for half the price.
      You won't see games look anything like that. We see tech demos and "ingame" footage that looks great every generation and it always turns out to be BS. A console will never be better than a high end gaming PC. Simply not possible at the price point they target. That's not to say consoles aren't good value, they're usually great value when they first come out compared to a PC of similar performance.

Comment

Lol Sony with yet another PR masterclass. The sheep will love it but in reality you will get the same if not better performance on the new Xbox.

Comment

I hear the price is going to be absurd

Comment

sweet as fcuk, water splashing is a fail, distant back ground is a fail, looks of the people are a fail, interaction of feet n objects with the textures is a fail, but otherwise almost photo realistic

However while the progress is awesome for graphics......

Basically it will be politically correct low character soulless gameplay with small breasts no violence and perfect photo realistic textures

Games have lost their way esp since the loss of CHARACTER in a game, people want to crush demons and to take steroids and explode someones body with a punch they dont want a small breasted woman next to photo realistic textures with lighting effects instead of blood
            Last edited by AlexKid; 05-29-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Theres something about a professional big money company making a game that removes any fun any character any creativity originality or replayability

If you want a fun game give it to a few fun talented unhinged poor geeks to make. Not a load of boring business men and a load of professionals with billions of pounds at their disposal
              Last edited by AlexKid; 05-29-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Theres something about a professional big money company making a game that removes any fun any character any creativity originality or replayability

If you want a fun game give it to a few fun talented unhinged poor geeks to make. Not a load of boring business men and a load of professionals with billions of pounds at their disposal
                I.... actually agree with you alexkid lol

There are still quality triple A developers though, like naughty dog, nintendo studios, cd projekt red.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Lol Sony with yet another PR masterclass. The sheep will love it but in reality you will get the same if not better performance on the new Xbox.
                  Wow haven't came to arcade talk in a minute... Anyway.

Lol's, sheep?

Why do we as people feel that in order to support something, we have to poop on something else? I get the whole fanboy wars and such, but will never understand them...

On to the topic. From what I understand and have gathered from both companies, Xbox will have the power advantage. All power all the time. Whether it is needed or not.

Sony will use ray tracing (I have seen demos and read information on it) tech. From what most people in the tech field say, Sony's tech will meet whatever requirement is needed.. Just in a different way.

I think they will both be beast machines ( in terms of non PC tech), and it will come down to what it always does.... The games!!!

Xbox has finally put a lot of stock into Microsoft owned studios for exclusive gaming content. Sony has added over 2 dozen more. I think this generation of PS and Xbox will be something like we haven't seen in awhile or even before. I HOPE!

Also of course we won't see what either machine can really do for another 2 or three years though.

Comment

I think the value per dollar for both consoles will be pretty good.

It's not that I can't afford to build a "gaming" P.C., it's just that I don't spend enough time playing games right now to justify the cost of building one to shit on console "peasant's".

I'm in the Xbox "eco-system", and from what I have seen of the specs, the Series X checks the boxes for me. If their studio acquisitions over the last couple of years pan out, all the better.

PS5 will no doubt win the sales race again, and their SSD I/O solution seems to be highly praised. And they will have me looking at a few titles from their 1st party studios that might make me pick one up. Bloodborne 2, and it wouldn't be a second thought.

2020 is going to kill my pocket, because of the 65 inch LG OLED I'll be getting alongside my preorder of the Series X.

1st world problems, in uncertain times...

Comment

Working...
                    X