No announcement yet.

How far would Ibeabuchi go ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Roll Call: show your scorecards from Ibeabuchi-Tua.
    Ibeabuchi rounds 1,3,4,5,11,12
    Tua rounds 2,6,7,8,9
    Draw round 10

Ibeabuchi got it on mine, 116-114

5,10 and 12 were the hardest to score, could just as easily score it for Tua on the next watch.
    One of the best heavyweight fights ever, obviously.
    Last edited by NChristo-; 11-10-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      I guess a lot of it comes down to how responsible you feel Tua is for Ike's demise. I am with Queenie. Tua ruined Ike, and brought on the personal turmoil that landed Ike in prison. Not that Tua's personally responsible. But such was the consequence of that fight.

And Tua wasn't fast. Neither really was Byrd. Sure, compared to most everyone else at the time (and today, as you mentioned) Byrd was quick. But let's not pretend that was Pernell Whitaker in there with Ike making him look foolish. Byrd is as closer to Toney in size than he is Fury. And Fury IS faster and much craftier than Byrd.

Another reason fighters today may appear slower and less lethal as punchers is because drug testing is applied much more rigorously. That doesn't mean that fighters don't continue to cheat, but it's much harder to pull off. Let's not pretend we don't know where sooo much of Ike's sudden success came from. He'd be running on flats in today's ring, too. Still bigger and better than guys like Peter and Cunningham. Better chin than Joshua and more physical than Wilder. But very much deflated.

Really, even the guy who starched Byrd would look small, slow and weak against Fury.

I'm just not that impressed by Fury. I'm not trying to be a dick, but, outside of jabbing at distance, bending at the waist to draw men in, and pivoting when close while firing off a few short range shots, I don't see much to him and most accredit his success to who he's fought.

Go in a bit on Fury's skillset as you see it if you would.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo- View Post
        Ibeabuchi rounds 1,3,4,5,11,12
        Tua rounds 2,6,7,8,9
        Draw round 10

Ibeabuchi got it on mine, 116-114

5,10 and 12 were the hardest to score, could just as easily score it for Tua on the next watch.
        One of the best heavyweight fights ever, obviously.
        I agree completely with you with the card. However, it would not be a fraud if there was a draw. Neither Ibeabuchi not Tua deserved losing.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          No, he landed a good shot on a Lewis who was goofing around. An ass kicking happened in the rematch and Lewis was not at the receiving end of that one.

Lewis would be prepared against Ike. I could see him beating him in a variety of ways but he would probably just keep him at the end of his jab all night and tie him up inside and occasionally land that deadly right uppercut.

Like I said Ike was good but not nearly as good as Lewis, Vitali and peak Wlad. He is nothing special to Lewis, Lennox has seen it all and he has faced harder hitters than him(Ike's power was overrated btw).
          Everyone can win everyone in HW. That is why it is so interesting.
          If Lewis lost because he was a bigheaded dick and wanted to ridicule Rahman he deserved the shot even more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            The problem is he pukes wild fantasy like fact and chews out my boys for recognizing the difference. I am real protective over my boys. I don't let bullies come in and manhandle 'em, by buggery. My squad comes first. They're good boys, plumped with boxing knowledge, but well mannered. Ratty, I mean Rusty has limped back here on crutches a couple of times after I lectured him hard. That boy is slow. I swear Juggy was quicker, and the queen is a downright prodigy. But we gwang learn him his m & m's all right.
            Says the guy who pisses sitting down.

Let me guess, your mom still dresses you in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              I'm just not that impressed by Fury. I'm not trying to be a dick, but, outside of jabbing at distance, bending at the waist to draw men in, and pivoting when close while firing off a few short range shots, I don't see much to him and most accredit his success to who he's fought.

Go in a bit on Fury's skillset as you see it if you would.
              They actually just had Tyson Fury knock out Braun Strowman in a scripted match in a WWE pay per view in Saudi Arabia called Crown Jewel. I think they might be tag team partners now. So I guess Fury is quite a character. Reminds me of when Gorilla Monsoon slammed recently retired at the time Muhammah Ali with an airplane spin. Ali was later a guest referee in the first Wrestlemania at MSG. I guess it's not unprecedented for boxers to get into wrestling. I remember reading Primo Carnera did it after boxing. Even did legit matches, known as "shoots" and has a win-loss record in that sport as well, probably some "worked" ones as well, but I'm not sure about that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                They actually just had Tyson Fury knock out Braun Strowman in a scripted match in a WWE pay per view in Saudi Arabia called Crown Jewel. I think they might be tag team partners now. So I guess Fury is quite a character. Reminds me of when Gorilla Monsoon slammed recently retired at the time Muhammah Ali with an airplane spin. Ali was later a guest referee in the first Wrestlemania at MSG. I guess it's not unprecedented for boxers to get into wrestling. I remember reading Primo Carnera did it after boxing. Even did legit matches, known as "shoots" and has a win-loss record in that sport as well, probably some "worked" ones as well, but I'm not sure about that part.
                Yeah, and I may be remembering this wrong but Mike Tyson went there too and he bit Vince McMahon and then stomped on his son Shane's testicles after kicking him in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  Yeah, and I may be remembering this wrong but Mike Tyson went there too and he bit Vince McMahon and then stomped on his son Shane's testicles after kicking him in the head.
                  Hahahahhaahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Hahahahhaahahaha
                    That would've actually fit right in with some of the crazy stuff Vince McMahon has actually done, especially during the Attitude Era, like his daughter being drugged and married in a drive through chapel in Vegas, the same wrestler performing simulated necrophilia to an opponent's girlfriend's wax figure of a corpse or an old lady giving birth to a hand, which we later see in a future show all grown up. Even now they've had two cuckold storylines. Vince is crazy, man. He even beat his own daughter in a no NQ street fight match where he choked her out with a lead pipe right before her wedding was coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      That would've actually fit right in with some of the crazy stuff Vince McMahon has actually done, especially during the Attitude Era, like his daughter being drugged and married in a drive through chapel in Vegas, the same wrestler performing simulated necrophilia to an opponent's girlfriend's wax figure of a corpse or an old lady giving birth to a hand, which we later see in a future show all grown up. Even now they've had two cuckold storylines. Vince is crazy, man. He even beat his own daughter in a no NQ street fight match where he choked her out with a lead pipe right before her wedding was coming up.
                      - -That's some sorry formative years you spent.

It's no small wonder those wwe roid boyz is droppin' like flies.

Comment

Working...
                      X