Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Mikey Garcia didn't blatantly duck Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayhaps Mikey didn't want Salido's sloppy seconds.

Comment

Yeah I hate when fighters duck other fighters by moving up 2 divisions and fighting the best guy in that division. It makes me so angry

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        Yeah I hate when fighters duck other fighters by moving up 2 divisions and fighting the best guy in that division. It makes me so angry
        I agree. Khan did the same thing with Brook when he fought Canelo. It pissed me off because I would have much rather seen a 50-50 fight than a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          clear duck. not saying mikey is afraid of loma but the risk is there and losing to loma is much worst than losing to spence..
          Absolutely. He gets a pass for going up two weight classes and fighting an elite WW.

If he gets beat down by Loma, there are no excuses. Got beat down from someone your own size and will take a massive hit to his earnings in future fights.

Mikey isn't dumb, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            lol excuses excuses. You sound like a *****. Explain to me why Mikey just vacated his title then after Lomachenko called him out? I'm telling you he will never fight Loma!.
            Excuses? These are facts, not excuses. Mikey had been calling Spence out for a while. That is a fact. Lomachenko was coming off a performance where he was getting touched up and even dropped. That is a fact. Fantastic finish by Lomachenko, but the talk after the fight was how 135 is his limit and he's not nearly as good there as he is at 126 or 130. The fight was never discussed, another fact.

You can't duck someone when the fight isn't even brought to you or any discussions have even taken place.

Now, he very well may not fight Lomachenko and may just stay at 147. That is certainly possible and I do think he still wants to stay at WW. He's hell bent on winning a title in his 5th division and there are still good fights for him there. That damn sure doesn't mean he ducked Lomachenko though.

Comment

Why is it every simpleton tries to make every fight that didn't happen fit into the same narrative?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                There’s still time to make that fight
                Only problem is Mikey can’t get down to 135
                So if Loma wants it that bad he would need to move up to 140
                And I don’t believe Garcia ducked him , just looking for greener pastures
                Fought Spence , pretty damn sure him and his team knew was the harder victory to get
                how did you come to that conclusion? mikey just fought at 135 last year. 147 is not his real weight, those arent real weight that he picked up. he can lose all that and still be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Why is it every simpleton tries to make every fight that didn't happen fit into the same narrative?
                  LOL, right? Like this fight wasn't even discussed ONCE by Arum or anyone from Mikey's team. Never brought into negotiations or any phone call made, but it was a blatant duck?

Then you have this other thread going on that Crawford is ducking all the top WWs by re-signing with TR?

This board is definitely something else.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    What narrative??

Comment

Mikey Garcia totally ducked doing business with his hated former Promotor and totally by fighting a better and bigger fighter in front of nearly 50k people totally ducked wow

Comment

Working...
                      X