Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Guys Ever Pondered On How Convenient Life Is Today In Comparison To The Past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Guys Ever Pondered On How Convenient Life Is Today In Comparison To The Past

Even 30-40 years ago.

I think about this kind of stuff all the time. Right now I am searching whatever song I want from the 80's on youtube, and enjoying the sounds of all the top bands that people back then had to go to the music store and buy cassettes for, or hope to hear the song on the radio.

With the firestick I could literally watch any movie or TV show I desire.

Need to know the information about a certain country or their capital city, how about a recipe to make food or how to fix a problem in your home? No problem, let me google that real quick on my phone.

Want to start a conversation across our country or even the world, no problem, just log onto boxingscene! Its really nuts if you think about it.

I can live without that in exchange for the priviliges people had 40-50 years ago that we don't have today like affordable education, affordable housing, working less and earning way more, less job stress and more job security, better cultural norms, morals and values in society, women not being complete whores and whores not being praised for being "strong independent" women, and the list goes on and on.

That stuff to me is more important than the internet and technology that made things more convenient but with the way life changed is actually killing a lot of great things.

Comment

What a time we live. To think I can watch a video of a dude getting stung by a bullet ant at my desire. Incredible.

Comment

All the time. I think about how much convenient things will get to cuz life/the world hasn't stopped improving.

Comment

Better values fifty years ago blacks were treated like animals and very few rights.If you were alive back then you would know the things that you could get away with were unreal no social media people beat kids and wives severely and a cop would show and say it’s a family problem.People could be brutalized and often were for any reason no social media no media to speak of.Stuff never got reported or barely made the papers.People could get away with anything and the truly bad ones knew that.

Comment

That comment was for dr slide

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
              Better values fifty years ago blacks were treated like animals and very few rights.If you were alive back then you would know the things that you could get away with were unreal no social media people beat kids and wives severely and a cop would show and say it’s a family problem.People could be brutalized and often were for any reason no social media no media to speak of.Stuff never got reported or barely made the papers.People could get away with anything and the truly bad ones knew that.
              50 years ago blacks also had a lot more wealth, the family structure was much stronger, and they had their own communities that owned businesses and land. Not to mention they were armed as to protect themselves against any bad folks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Even 30-40 years ago.

I think about this kind of stuff all the time. Right now I am searching whatever song I want from the 80's on youtube, and enjoying the sounds of all the top bands that people back then had to go to the music store and buy cassettes for, or hope to hear the song on the radio.

With the firestick I could literally watch any movie or TV show I desire.

Need to know the information about a certain country or their capital city, how about a recipe to make food or how to fix a problem in your home? No problem, let me google that real quick on my phone.

Want to start a conversation across our country or even the world, no problem, just log onto boxingscene! Its really nuts if you think about it.
                Technological comforts make life so much easier, but most of the population is entirely incapable of taking care of themselves in a prolonged crisis. At anytime I fear we are literally 72 hours away from pure anarchy. Turn off the electricity for a couple of weeks, or turn off EBT cards and watch how primal humans become. These are the things I think about every once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                  50 years ago is actually the 70s, I don't live in America but I'm pretty sure that the black community was doing better on average and had a lot better family values and a lot less single mom households which is destroying the youth of today.

There were bad people at all times but it's not like it was more back then than it is now, yea social media gave people a platform, but that platform also comes with a cost like cyber bullying, suicide rates are at an all time high within teenagers and so on and so forth. More singlemom households now than ever that are destroying the youth, no family values anymore, women marrying men for their money and walking away with 1/2 their stuff. You can't deny that we live in a toxic society on so many levels nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    50 years ago blacks also had a lot more wealth, the family structure was much stronger, and they had their own communities that owned businesses and land. Not to mention they were armed as to protect themselves against any bad folks.
                    What are you smoking?50 years ago 1969 blacks were only allowed to vote in 1965 there were still businesses that were white only they were fighting for their civil rights in large cities racist cops would routinely beat the **** out of them during arrests.Police brutality was rampant in those days mostly vs blacks but vs anyone who pissed them off.No social media no voice to protect them.The first pro black players were just being allowed to play pro ball in the
                    Sports world.I remember my grand mother telling me we couldn’t eat at a greasy spoon in the neighborhood anymore because the lady who was running it was serving blacks .They had to use the back door and only could carry out no eating in or use of bathroom.She didn’t dislike black people but she didn’t want to be shunned by her own people.I won’t even comment on the part of them having more wealth.

Comment

Working...
                    X