Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Dillian Whyte be installed as the WBC Mandatory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 15 Rounds again View Post
    Ducking Deontay would love for him to "go another route" cos he is a loudmouth phoney who doesnt want anything to do with Whyte or AJ.
    Breazeale will want to go straight to his big AJ payday if he gets the strap. But if Whyte takes the belt off Breazeale a Joshua Whyte undisputed fight at Wembley for all the marbles is waaaaay bigger than an undisputed vs Ducking Deontay.
    Regardless of what you think of Wilder, no way in hell is a Whyte-AJ undisputed fight bigger than Undefeated Wilder/Fury vs Undefeated AJ. Wilder/Fury brings in more of the US money and we have already seen AJ beat up on Whyte, why would we want to see that again?

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem with that. It's not like Fury or Joshua are fighting him any time soon. Whyte and Kownacki are probably next after Breazeale.

Comment

whyte, thus far, has refused to fight a final eliminator. if he wants to become someone's mandatory, he'll likely have to win a final eliminator.

doesn't matter if you're rated #1. doesn't matter if you're silver champion of copper champion. doesn't matter if you're international champion or southern area champion.

all that stuff just gets you in position for a final eliminator. if you don't fight a final eliminator, you're unlikely to be named mandatory.

Comment

It is boxing a guy should have to fight to be number 1, applies to anything like this always.

Don't care if the fight is against a schlep or against Ortiz as long as that thing is at stake in a fight. Obviously Ortiz would make it more meaningful but any fight is better than someone being handed someone in boxing which is the most anti boxing thing I could imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
            Regardless of what you think of Wilder, no way in hell is a Whyte-AJ undisputed fight bigger than Undefeated Wilder/Fury vs Undefeated AJ. Wilder/Fury brings in more of the US money and we have already seen AJ beat up on Whyte, why would we want to see that again?
            AJ did not "beat up on Whyte". It was a tough fight and deserving of seeing again.
            That said, your point is correct about the $$ generated for a Brit V American undisputed versus Brit V Brit.
            Still, I think there'd be a lot of trans- Atlantic interest for AJ Whyte.
            The one I want (and I suppose all of us) is Joshua Wilder, but I'd be very happy if Breazeale won because I have zero faith in Wilder and Finkel to not duck again / act stupid like they're the A side.

Comment

He hasn't fought a final eliminator

Comment

If he beats Ortiz? I don't see why not.

Comment

You can rate Dillian Whyte or not but his run of wins is better than anybody's outside of the belt holders. He absolutely deserves a world title shot. Look down the list of guys who've fought for world titles and Whyte has done much more than the vast majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
                    He already had a title shot against Joshua and was KTFO. His next best win is a somewhat controversial win over Parker. Ortiz also hasn't lost since his KO against Wilder.

So let those two fight it out in the losers' bracket. Winner gets another title shot.
                    Whyte never had a title shot, stop lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      Whyte never had a title shot, stop lying.
                      WBO title.

He was KTFO and is in the loser's bracket. Beat Ortiz and get another shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X