Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavor To Purchase Top Rank As Well?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endeavor To Purchase Top Rank As Well?

So Elie asked Bob about the "UFC" purchasing the PBC and he mentioned they (WME) were in talks with TR as well but the talks died out. The reason for that? WME can't been seen acquiring another company until their public offering closes. Looks like the talks with the PBC happened some time ago and not recent. But I thought this was interesting as he didn't completely rule this out but just said WME for now chose not to buy a boxing company.

I believe @Eff_Pandas was talking about this and Endeavor really can take over combat sports if they are able to purchase both the PBC and TR. That would be great for boxing fans as we would be able to get better boxing fights. Would essentially eliminate one of the three different fractions. And if DAZN eventually decides to get rid of boxing? Then Endeavor could really turn this into a UFC type of operation where they would have damn near every top fighter.

The video is timestamped. Go on until the 9:10 mark as Arum touches on this after the initial question.

public offering closes?

Comment

Endeavour should buy everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Endeavour should buy everything.
        Someone needs to buy everything. I don't even care who necessarily. Boxing is 200% better, for everyone fans to people with skin in the game, if everything was under the same roof like most other sports are.

Comment

Sechbak is so fuking stupid. Arum just told him the UFC was looking to buy TR and Sechbak didnt ask any follow up questions at all and just went down his prewritten list of chit to ask. How can you be so fuking stupid, that is major news that Arum is looking to sell TR. Ask him more follow up questions, jesus.

Comment

Buying both Top Rank and PBC would create the dominant entity in U.S. boxing. No question.

You would still have countries outside of America though so no full monopoly on the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Sechbak is so fuking stupid. Arum just told him the UFC was looking to buy TR and Sechbak didnt ask any follow up questions at all and just went down his prewritten list of chit to ask. How can you be so fuking stupid, that is major news that Arum is looking to sell TR. Ask him more follow up questions, jesus.
              He actually did ask him about that....Just like two questions later lol. That's when Arum said that Endeavor couldn't purchase anything until the public offering closes.

Comment

Fighters would get ****ed over

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

So Elie asked Bob about the "UFC" purchasing the PBC and he mentioned they (WME) were in talks with TR as well but the talks died out. The reason for that? WME can't been seen acquiring another company until their public offering closes. Looks like the talks with the PBC happened some time ago and not recent. But I thought this was interesting as he didn't completely rule this out but just said WME for now chose not to buy a boxing company.

I believe @Eff_Pandas was talking about this and Endeavor really can take over combat sports if they are able to purchase both the PBC and TR. That would be great for boxing fans as we would be able to get better boxing fights. Would essentially eliminate one of the three different fractions. And if DAZN eventually decides to get rid of boxing? Then Endeavor could really turn this into a UFC type of operation where they would have damn near every top fighter.

The video is timestamped. Go on until the 9:10 mark as Arum touches on this after the initial question.
                  Todd DeBouef said the Endeavor talks were never serious. He said that this week on boxing Esquire podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Fighters would get ****ed over
                    Do NFL guys get f#cked over? Do tennis players get f#cked over?

Maybe I guess you could argue the best among them would be worth more in a more open competition world, but I think the overall status quo is positive for the sport, the business of the sport & 99% of the athletes in the sport cuz it ups the the "middle class" & "lower class" athletes in the sport.

It does weed out more lower level guys, but personally I think boxing needs to weed out more lower level guys. Any ass hole who can't fall off the treadmill during the boxing license process can be a pro boxer & once you are a pro boxer you are IN boxing. You can be IN football, but being in the NFL means something. Boxing needs a better defined quality control threshold that a league would give it.

Thats why we got so many -3000 fights like the Tyson Fury fight tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X