Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Truax-Quillin II, Lara-Alvarez Announced For 8/31 PBC on Fox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Why are you talking about the membership of ESPN+? What are you even doing here?

Once again, you talk about one thing and take the conversation elsewhere.

Don't try to defend Fury vs Schwarz. It's a terrible terrible fight period. And it's going to be boring. LIS, nothing is worse than a borefest decision against an overmatched opponent. Who cares what that fight leads to? If you are going to put on a mismatch, make sure you put one on that will make the fighter look good and the future fight look better. No clue what TR was thinking here. You use Joshua vs Ruiz as an example of a fight that is seen as a mismatch but with styles that mesh well yet you're going to go completely against that theory for Fury/Schwarz? Please tell me how great these two styles are going to mesh? Talk to me about the "art" of matchmaking for this fight… Oh wait, you just pick and choose when you want to make that argument.

Truax should never have been a champ? Why? Not like he won a vacant title or anything, he beat Degale for the title. It is laughable to say he shouldn't be on TV again just because he lost to Degale in the rematch. He's not going to be a factor if he loses to Quillin period. At least not in the title picture unless he pulls some unexpected wins out against some legit fighters.

Looks like this must have triggered you since you responded back to the same post seven hours later and then ended up taking a shot at Davis? LMAO!!! Wow!! And buddy, I've been calling for Davis team to let him fight Lomachenko for a while. I've been saying he will fare a lot better than they think he will and won't get embarrassed so the lost won't hurt him. I don't need to sell BS here. I'm all for these youngsters going for it early on and that's why I want the Lopez vs Lomachenko fight.

But since you are a fan of mismatches that at least will be entertaining, I'm sure you're really looking forward to the Valdez/Sanchez fight. I mean Valdez is headlining an ESPN card where he is a 25/1 favorite but no worries, the styles of the fighters will at least mesh right? Or are we not using that argument here? Just let me know, because I get a little confused with you when that reasoning is used for certain fights.
    Actually Sanchez is coming off a nice win and Valdez has been in wars. I don’t know the odds but it’s a decent fight. A much better fight than Lara-Alvarez or Gausha Trout or Barthemely-Easter.

Valdez and Sanchez are both Origen action fighters. This was good matchmaking while our attempt to diss this fight is laughable when compared to those 3 fights that were guaranteed to be boring when they were announced.

As for Fury Schwarz I’ve never defended it not looks like a bad fight. I’ve never seen Schwarz but it doesn’t look competitive or exciting no argument there. What I did say is they st least we know he’s got a good fight coming up which is true.

Truax isn’t as boring as some of those other guys. I just don’t ever need to see him fight again just like the Dirrells who cares about them. They are all past it.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      how did he get that title shot against degale? he was ko'd by jacobs. he was ko'd by dirrell. title shot! losing to degale. losing to quillin. he seems in line for another shot if that happens
      He got the shot because Degale was looking for a softer touch to test out his shoulder and then it was a cherry pick gone wrong. Lose to Quillin though? This version of Quillin? Yeah, about that title shot…..

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Actually Sanchez is coming off a nice win and Valdez has been in wars. I don’t know the odds but it’s a decent fight. A much better fight than Lara-Alvarez or Gausha Trout or Barthemely-Easter.

Valdez and Sanchez are both Origen action fighters. This was good matchmaking while our attempt to diss this fight is laughable when compared to those 3 fights that were guaranteed to be boring when they were announced.

As for Fury Schwarz I’ve never defended it not looks like a bad fight. I’ve never seen Schwarz but it doesn’t look competitive or exciting no argument there. What I did say is they st least we know he’s got a good fight coming up which is true.

Truax isn’t as boring as some of those other guys. I just don’t ever need to see him fight again just like the Dirrells who cares about them. They are all past it.
        The odds for the Valdez fight are 25 to 1. You yourself pretty much said you are fine with mismatches if the styles mesh. Personally? I'll take competitive match ups that aren't going to be exciting over mismatches that the A-side will look great in. But don't worry, Davis and Valdez will be looking great in their one sided KOs!!!

But what I won't take is mismatches where the A-side will look boring in. That is the absolute worst. There is no upside in that. And that won't help a future mega match up. Top Rank needs to continue putting Fury all over the camera and kind of ignore his actual performances in the ring. While to me he is the best HW, he certainly isn't going to make any new fans with his style and performance vs Schwarz. Right after the fight he needs to go on a big rant against Wilder to distract the viewers from the actual fight and on to the rematch in 2020.

Comment

The Quillin vs Truax fight is a good matchup. I don't really care about it, but it is 50-50. The Lara vs Ramon Alvarez fight is a complete joke. There are about 50 Junior Middleweights I would rather see fight Lara than Alvarez. I really feel bad for Lara because he was clearly robbed against Castano but he shouldn't be wasting his time fighting a guy who is so clearly not on his level.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
            I read the whole respons. Solid response, well thought out. At the end of it, I got that, you agree with me, but you rather not ***** about it. Would you continue to spend money on subpar products when you know that: A) there are better products out there or B) the Co. Can produce a better product, but will not because we continue to buy it anayway...Promoters a jiving us and pocketing money, obviously boxers cannot give us great fight after great fight, but these guys are making career off of fighting bums, while they laugh all the way to the bank. .wish you could ask my wife how good we are lol. I have boxed in the states and in Korea, been punched and managed to punch back. We are getting jipped with these bum matches and I am hoping to make enough noise on this platform to make a change, because I hate to conform to the the powers that be when they are jerking all of us and it is getting old. Peace to you too!
            LOL. Not only would I "rather not beetch about it", but I'd rather not "listen" to other people beetch about it. I believe your answer just might be even more depressing, bro. So it sounds like you have every intention of focusing your energy on and initiating dialogue concerning all the negativity surrounding who professional boxers do and don't fight, instead of just talking boxing. - What a waste of your precious time and energy, boss man. THIS platform? Sorry man, this platform hasn't the power or influence that you hope or think it does. You're telling yourself that, so you can behave like a SJW. Like I said, I think you're fooling yourself into thinking that is productive, just so you can justify your beetchin and 'smear campaign'. IMO, unless you or your family is being unfairly persecuted or harmed, there is no justification for demoralizing or 'steering' a community into negativity. Even THEN, there is always a path to look on the bright side.

BUT listen, I tell you what. Maybe we can make a deal. Let's boycott the PBC cards or whichever ones you want me to. I won't give them ANY more money. The only true way to effect change or get a large corporation's attention, is to hit them in the pockets. If you truly believe you can get enough people through preaching your message here on NSB, to hurt the promoters' bottom line, I'm 100% with you, in deed (that means taking action).

Deep down though I think you know the truth and really don't want to be that guy, that can't enjoy what he has cuz he's spending time complaining. (although some people are just built that way, while others grow out of it). If you're married, been to Korea and stuff like that, you ought to have a somewhat groomed and mature understanding of the world.

I'm 51 years old, a USMC Vet w/a Far East tour, semi-retired, raising my granddaughter. I really do despise the social "smear campaign", in order to make a change. I know I said I'd respect how you received my message, but just consider this a counter offer. You already got me to stop giving the villains my money, so at least consider spending less time "making noise" about it, and devote at least the same amount of time being positive. I'm not saying to lie and tell people it's great when it ain't. But when it IS satisfactory, spend more time with that and address neutral stuff. After all bro, if it was completely all bad news, wouldn't any sane person just drop it altogether ? Really now, does a person who HATES brussels sprouts, keep on eating brussels sprouts just so they can complain about them ?? NOOooo. If you hate the brussels sprouts bro, don't eat the damn things. If you hate the product, don't buy the product. Simple. End of story. Getting a few dozen anonymous keyboard jockeys to agree with you, and have a daily grievance circle ain't gonna do chit. I'm serious though, I'm not giving those "crooks" a penny !!!

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
              LOL. Not only would I "rather not beetch about it", but I'd rather not "listen" to other people beetch about it. I believe your answer just might be even more depressing, bro. So it sounds like you have every intention of focusing your energy on and initiating dialogue concerning all the negativity surrounding who professional boxers do and don't fight, instead of just talking boxing. - What a waste of your precious time and energy, boss man. THIS platform? Sorry man, this platform hasn't the power or influence that you hope or think it does. You're telling yourself that, so you can behave like a SJW. Like I said, I think you're fooling yourself into thinking that is productive, just so you can justify your beetchin and 'smear campaign'. IMO, unless you or your family is being unfairly persecuted or harmed, there is no justification for demoralizing or 'steering' a community into negativity. Even THEN, there is always a path to look on the bright side.

BUT listen, I tell you what. Maybe we can make a deal. Let's boycott the PBC cards or whichever ones you want me to. I won't give them ANY more money. The only true way to effect change or get a large corporation's attention, is to hit them in the pockets. If you truly believe you can get enough people through preaching your message here on NSB, to hurt the promoters' bottom line, I'm 100% with you, in deed (that means taking action).

Deep down though I think you know the truth and really don't want to be that guy, that can't enjoy what he has cuz he's spending time complaining. (although some people are just built that way, while others grow out of it). If you're married, been to Korea and stuff like that, you ought to have a somewhat groomed and mature understanding of the world.

I'm 51 years old, a USMC Vet w/a Far East tour, semi-retired, raising my granddaughter. I really do despise the social "smear campaign", in order to make a change. I know I said I'd respect how you received my message, but just consider this a counter offer. You already got me to stop giving the villains my money, so at least consider spending less time "making noise" about it, and devote at least the same amount of time being positive. I'm not saying to lie and tell people it's great when it ain't. But when it IS satisfactory, spend more time with that and address neutral stuff. After all bro, if it was completely all bad news, wouldn't any sane person just drop it altogether ? Really now, does a person who HATES brussels sprouts, keep on eating brussels sprouts just so they can complain about them ?? NOOooo. If you hate the brussels sprouts bro, don't eat the damn things. If you hate the product, don't buy the product. Simple. End of story. Getting a few dozen anonymous keyboard jockeys to agree with you, and have a daily grievance circle ain't gonna do chit. I'm serious though, I'm not giving those "crooks" a penny !!!

Peace.

Retired soldier here...I will continue to *****. Here is two for you, What if Rosa Parks would have just gotten up? What if Trump stopped insisting that they were smearing him with fake news? I see you were probably on the NCO side, sit back and take orders, and that is fine, there are people who rather be told what to do, it makes life easier for them. Then there are those who call out the things that are simply wrong, those who are willing to be talked down to by people who are pretending to be friendly instead of just being straight. I have been to plenty of places in the world and that is why I came to the conclusion that every place outside of is mostly composed of sh/ithole countries, that simply need to implement a republic(government) and capitalism as an economic engine....So yeah, I understand where you stand, I will humble myself and salute you!!Take care bro, Hooah!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                The odds for the Valdez fight are 25 to 1. You yourself pretty much said you are fine with mismatches if the styles mesh. Personally? I'll take competitive match ups that aren't going to be exciting over mismatches that the A-side will look great in. But don't worry, Davis and Valdez will be looking great in their one sided KOs!!!

But what I won't take is mismatches where the A-side will look boring in. That is the absolute worst. There is no upside in that. And that won't help a future mega match up. Top Rank needs to continue putting Fury all over the camera and kind of ignore his actual performances in the ring. While to me he is the best HW, he certainly isn't going to make any new fans with his style and performance vs Schwarz. Right after the fight he needs to go on a big rant against Wilder to distract the viewers from the actual fight and on to the rematch in 2020.
                i would much rather watch davis knock Nunez spark out in 3 rounds the. Be subjected to gausha trout or barthemely Easter. Those fights were torture.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
                  Retired soldier here...I will continue to *****. Here is two for you, What if Rosa Parks would have just gotten up? What if Trump stopped insisting that they were smearing him with fake news? I see you were probably on the NCO side, sit back and take orders, and that is fine, there are people who rather be told what to do, it makes life easier for them. Then there are those who call out the things that are simply wrong, those who are willing to be talked down to by people who are pretending to be friendly instead of just being straight. I have been to plenty of places in the world and that is why I came to the conclusion that every place outside of is mostly composed of sh/ithole countries, that simply need to implement a republic(government) and capitalism as an economic engine....So yeah, I understand where you stand, I will humble myself and salute you!!Take care bro, Hooah!
                  I hear you, Sir. But just don't talk about it, BE about it, right. I guarantee I won't buy the product. ACTION. If I find out you're still giving them your money, shame on you, Rosco.

Me taking military orders has nothing at all to do with standing up for oneself, though. Apples and oranges. Same with Rosa. "Getting up" equates to the "stop buying the product" part. Social media talk, equates to Rosa sitting in her kitchen talking about it daily with her neighbors.
                  NCO or Officer, they ALL take orders, just the same. I knew some Gunny's that ruled over the officers. A Chain of Command exists for order and to get things done, not because some people haven't the backbone to give orders, and enjoy being overrun. It relates to winning on the battlefield actually.
                  What branch were you in btw ? If you were Navy, I suppose you could say that you even signed my checks, right. (Ha, guys did tell me that too).

Last thing, what other more meaningful causes do you lobby for on social media, besides "Inept Boxing Stable Promotions" ? You really debate Trump Slander and Racism, as well ?
                  It appears as if you may possess a decent moral compass, regardless of anything else. I can appreciate that and the fact you never cursed me, resorted to trendy, cheap abasement, or profaned me once, as is the custom with a majority of regular posters.
                  Respect
                  Edit: Thought maybe Navy cuz I have a retired Seal friend likes to say Hooah ! Ooh-Rah ! is leatherneck's .
                  Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 06-07-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                    I hear you, Sir. But just don't talk about it, BE about it, right. I guarantee I won't buy the product. ACTION. If I find out you're still giving them your money, shame on you, Rosco.

Me taking military orders has nothing at all to do with standing up for oneself, though. Apples and oranges. Same with Rosa. "Getting up" equates to the "stop buying the product" part. Social media talk, equates to Rosa sitting in her kitchen talking about it daily with her neighbors.
                    NCO or Officer, they ALL take orders, just the same. I knew some Gunny's that ruled over the officers. A Chain of Command exists for order and to get things done, not because some people haven't the backbone to give orders, and enjoy being overrun. It relates to winning on the battlefield actually.
                    What branch were you in btw ? If you were Navy, I suppose you could say that you even signed my checks, right. (Ha, guys did tell me that too).

Last thing, what other more meaningful causes do you lobby for on social media, besides "Inept Boxing Stable Promotions" ? You really debate Trump Slander and Racism, as well ?
                    It appears as if you may possess a decent moral compass, regardless of anything else. I can appreciate that and the fact you never cursed me, resorted to trendy, cheap abasement, or profaned me once, as is the custom with a majority of regular posters.
                    Respect
                    Edit: Thought maybe Navy cuz I have a retired Seal friend likes to say Hooah ! Ooh-Rah ! is leatherneck's .
                    Hooah. Long live the freedoms we fought for!
                    Take care of yourself marine.
                    I'll come to yout aide in the event that you do not want to complain!!! Just send them my way!

Comment

Working...
                    X