No announcement yet.

Teofimo Lopez: Why so much hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    What has Lomachenko done to deserve a title shot in his second fight? Why do people create diversions? Answer: Nothing.

Amateur doesn't count in the pros.
    So whats your point? Loma didnt deserve a shot and got his and teo doesnt deserve a shot but should get his? is that it? Or do u think teo does deserve his shot?

How about loma got his shot for vacant titles while teo wants a shot at p4p 1 or 2? Does that make a difference to u either?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I don’t think he is getting too much hype. He is calling Loma out and some people are very interested in seeing the fight.

I don’t understand posters at times. They complain Tank isn’t calling Loma our. Ok, I get that. Then when Lopez calls him out repeatedly, posters admonish him for it.

Lopez is getting a huge push from his promoter and his network because he provides the style and excitement a lot of posters say they want. Don’t you want to see him in with top opposition like Loma?
      I've always maintained (since Loma came to lightweight) they are in two different weight classes and the Tank talk needs to chill. But you gotta understand, Dunn, when Tank goes on twitter and starts talking reckless on Loma the media will pick up on it and ask Loma questions. His first response was a fair one; where was all this talk when we were at 130, when we asked for the fight? Since then the twitter disses and Floyd's disrespect towards Loma seemed to have only made him more aggressive towards Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        I've always maintained (since Loma came to lightweight) they are in two different weight classes and the Tank talk needs to chill. But you gotta understand, Dunn, when Tank goes on twitter and starts talking reckless on Loma the media will pick up on it and ask Loma questions. His first response was a fair one; where was all this talk when we were at 130, when we asked for the fight? Since then the twitter disses and Floyd's disrespect towards Loma seemed to have only made him more aggressive towards Tank.
        You are missing my point. I understand every point you made. I am having an issue with people being mad at Tank’s silence while also being mad at Lopez loudness.

Obviously Tank is positioning himself for a fight later in with Loma when he and his team feel he has a better chance to win. Every promoter does that. Lopez is a TR fighter on the come up clamoring for a fight that if he won would accelerate his movement up the ladder.

Both guys can’t be wrong. Tank/Loma would be an easy win for Loma has they fought at 130, same way a Loma/Berchelt fight would’ve been tougher. So I get the anger towards tank.

But Lopez? I think Loma beats Lopez if they fight now but what happens if an upset occurs?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          You and your ilk keep on repeating that. No he didn't deserve it but he put that out as a condition to sign a contract with top rank...to get a title shot in his first 3 pro fights or something so Arum had no choice but to make it happen. Arum himself said he wouldn't have made that fight if it's up to him.

Lopez doesn't have that kind of contract so that **** logic doesn't apply to him. He won't get what he doesn't deserve and as long as arum is in control so give it a rest with your stupid agenda.
          At least you answered the question. Nothing. Thanks to Arum's corrupt ways. The rest of your post is garbage.

Comment

What has Lomachenko done to deserve a title shot in his second fight? Why do people create diversions? Answer: Nothing.

Amateur doesn't count in the pros.
            Dont remember if anyone really said that he deserved an actual title shot for his second fight, but salido also wasnt a p4p kind of champ and lomachenko was probably his best offer money wise.

If salido had declined to fight lomachenko, I dont think that the general consensus would be that he is ducking lomachenko.

Teofimo looks good, but lomachenko doesnt have to fight him and wouldnt duck him at the moment before he hasnt established himself.

Josh kelly looks flashy. if he called out spence or crawford, would they duck him if they declined?
            Same with hrgovic, dubiois => joshua or shakur stevenson => russell jr. Or whoever is considered at the top at featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              So whats your point? Loma didnt deserve a shot and got his and teo doesnt deserve a shot but should get his? is that it? Or do u think teo does deserve his shot?

How about loma got his shot for vacant titles while teo wants a shot at p4p 1 or 2? Does that make a difference to u either?
              He deserves it because he's so much better than the trash cans your man has been feasting on. Crolla wouldn't last a round with Lopez. What has you scared?

Do you base deserving on what some garbage corrupt org tells you? I use my own eyes to decide who is a good fighter. That's the difference between us.

Comment

Nope. He wanted the fight last week. It's Arum who toild them that. It's on video.
                i just watched a video of his father saying they want 2 more KO BEFORE a Loma fight. those words came out of his mouth, not Arums.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  Dont remember if anyone really said that he deserved an actual title shot for his second fight, but salido also wasnt a p4p kind of champ and lomachenko was probably his best offer money wise.

If salido had declined to fight lomachenko, I dont think that the general consensus would be that he is ducking lomachenko.

Teofimo looks good, but lomachenko doesnt have to fight him and wouldnt duck him at the moment before he hasnt established himself.

Josh kelly looks flashy. if he called out spence or crawford, would they duck him if they declined?
                  Same with hrgovic, dubiois => joshua or shakur stevenson => russell jr. Or whoever is considered at the top at featherweight.
                  Josh Kelly is trash waiting to be disposed of. Crawford would obliterate that hypejob.

Your answer is for someone who thinks Lomachenko is this great fighter. I don't, not for a second. He hasn't fought anybody to determine that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    i just watched a video of his father saying they want 2 more KO BEFORE a Loma fight. those words came out of his mouth, not Arums.
                    Yes, after Arum told them a week before that video.

Comment

...WHY NOT? Gifted young fighter with a very exciting style, big Power, a lot of Charisma and he is clearly FEARLESS!

Hey Boxing Fans, make up your F#CKING MIND! Do we want fighters to take it slow or do we want them "Step Up". When they want to step up we still complain so which one is it?

Boxing Fans a lot of us don't know WTF we want which is why most Boxing Promoters (Particularly Arum) don't listen to WTF the fans think or say because a lot of us don't know SH#T!

Comment

Working...
                      X