Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'NEBRASKA? I ain't scared of no man from Nebraska, Call Al' Errol Spence on Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    I can treat you like a child if that's what you want.

Terrence Crawford has this thing called a "promoter". His promotional company, Top Rank, has TV rights with specific television broadcasting stations, namely ESPN.

So, no, Terrence Crawford cannot just "go to FOX/SHO" as you suggest. Terrence is contractually bound to fight with T.R. and at the moment Top Rank is not doing any FOX/SHO fights. Do you understand that?

Errald Spencer fights with an "advisor" which is NOT the same thing as a "promoter". When you use an "advisor" there is no legal document requiring X, Y, or Z. Spencer could actually do a 1-fight with Top Rank, DAZN, Lou Dibella, ZANFER, etc. and face zero penalty of any kind.

So, yes, Errald can actually just "go to ESPN/Top Rank" and fight whenever he wants.

Terrence Crawford put promotions aside and offered Danny "Sweetbitch" Garcia $3m + PPV to fight. Danny is not bound to any promoter although he does use PBC as an advisor. Danny did not take the fight.

Amir Khan is a free agent, like Danny Garcia/Shawn Porter/Keith Thurman/Errald Spencer. However, unlike all of those guys Amir Khan actually wanted to fight. That is why Khan will earn $5m + PPV on Saturday night.

Historically Crawford has NEVER, EVER, ducked a single fighter. He's fought them all and has been public about his desire to fight Errald Spencer, Thurman, Danny, and Porter. None of those guys wants that fight though.

And, specifically, it was Errald Spencer who famously tweeted "some fighters are on the wrong side of the street". That was Errald Spencer suggesting a fight between himself and Terrence Crawford could NOT happen because Errald would only fight PBC guys.

This isn't Russia or China. Terrence can't make people fight him. They have to sign on and it's especially pathethic since they have no promoter to hide behind...it's an advisor.

And this whole "my side/your side" joke...Spencer hasn't fought 1 single PBC opponent that isn't a Lightweight. And he's been PBC for years. It's pathethic. And you, as a fan, are pathetic for not only supporting it, but defending it too. Shame on you

Do you understand?
    Um, so let's see where we should start.

Crawford has a deal with Top Rank, correct. Does he have an exclusive deal with ESPN? Can he not fight outside of ESPN? If he signed THAT type of deal, then he was never serious about fighting any of the PBC WWs. I mean you mention he has a deal with TR that does business with ESPN, what networks does Haymon do business with? Is Haymon putting on shows on ESPN that I don't know of? Don't confuse a promotional deal with an exclusive network deal. So answer this, does Crawford have an exclusive network deal with ESPN yes or no?

Ah I see, Spence should just go to ESPN here eh? Just that simple right? Haymon should send his top star or at least top 2-3 star to ESPN just because he is his advisor only and not his promoter right? Ha! Hilarious.

Arum is talking about wanting a Co-PPV for Spence/Crawford. How many buys do you think that fight does? How many Co-PPVs have we seen in the past? Ask yourself, is this fight even close enough to the other prior cases we have seen?

Tell me what leverage Crawford or his side have here, especially if the Khan PPV does less buys than Spence/Garcia? Majority of the options for Crawford are with the PBC, and if his PPV does worse than Spence/Garcia and even possibly quite worse, what could he do? Spence still has big enough fights to keep him busy for another two years, can the same be said for Crawford?

But let's use another fight that is being talked about, Lomachenko vs Davis. If Davis side was to tell Arum they will fight, but only on a Co-PPV, would you be okay with that? Would you be fine with Davis, who is the clear B-side, saying the fight only happens if it is a Co-PPV? Are every damn fight between PBC/TR going to be a Co-PPV from now on?

Now to circle back to Crawford and his TR deal, if it is indeed an exclusive deal to ONLY fight on ESPN, then simply put he made his bed. He was perfectly fine with the scenario of being shutout in the future and missing out on the top WWs. I mean it is what it is, I guess like he said, he wouldn't lose any sleep with not fighting the PBC WWs since he is making a great living for his family. And who am I to begrudge the man for that? Fighting the likes of Khan/Collazo/Mean Machine the rest of his prime for HUGE money? Not bad, not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
    X