Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating prosciutto after training (very good nutrition)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating prosciutto after training (very good nutrition)

Does anyone have a similar habit?

For me this is the ultimate post-training food. You don't need to cook it, you don't need to eat bread or anything else with it... Just pure meat. Very good source for protein.

The one I'm eating right now is 18g fat 30g protein on 100g.

Just buy a couple bags like this and eat it after training to get your PROTEIN

Like I said I eat just this and nothing else with it. It's good for me.

Luckily I live near the Mediterranean so we have very good prosciutto (or pršut how we Slavs say).

Forget training, I can eat that all day long. I'm craving some just by looking at those pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
      Does anyone have a similar habit?

For me this is the ultimate post-training food. You don't need to cook it, you don't need to eat bread or anything else with it... Just pure meat. Very good source for protein.

The one I'm eating right now is 18g fat 30g protein on 100g.

-SNIP-

Just buy a couple bags like this and eat it after training to get your PROTEIN

Like I said I eat just this and nothing else with it. It's good for me.

Luckily I live near the Mediterranean so we have very good prosciutto (or pršut how we Slavs say).
      Terrible post-workout food. First of all you're eating ham dude --- pig. Second, it's loaded with SODIUM/SALT. We're talking 600-700mg per ounce dude! Thats over 25% of a daily intake PER OUNCE.

You're eating 3.5 OUNCES of salty pig for a whopping 2100mg-2450mg of sodium when your daily limit should be around 2000. This is unhealthy. By the end of the day I'm guessing you're talking in 6kmg+ of sodium. Very unhealthy!!! Heart attacks, strokes, dementia and kidney disease are but a few of things you are putting yourself at major risk for.

Postworkout should be Vitamin C, Glutamine, and Electrolytes as a baseline. Carb-to-Protien should be 5:1 within 45 minutes.

Good quote here:

The second thing that glutamine can help you out with is resythesizing carbohydrates after your workout session. Immediately following weight lifting, the muscles will be depleted of their glycogen reserves, which is why taking in that post-workout meal as soon as possible is so incredibly important.

The faster you can replenish those stores, the faster you will recover from that workout, which means you'll be that much more prepared when you go into the gym for your next workout session.

Researchers from the Department of Anatomy and Physiology in the United Kingdom reported that when 8 grams of glutamine was added into a 330 ml glucose polymer solution and administered to subjects after exhaustive exercise, plasma glutamine concentration was increased and whole body nonoxidative glucose disposal was also enhanced by 25%.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/how...s-training.htm
      Last edited by McNulty; 12-14-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Those guys don't know ****. This is pure Slavic power. Smoked pršut all day long.

Westerners can only CRY because they will never have as good food.

No one has what Slavic man has.

Comment

Those guys don't know ****. This is pure Slavic power. Smoked pršut all day long.

I made some edits to my above post. Refresh and reread.

You'll be dead before 55 if you continue like this.

Comment

Lol I hope you're just trolling, but I do find that kind of funny. If you're serious, then you're a certified ****tard. The **** is so high in sodium, not to mention it's a processed meat so it's basically garbage. There are plenty of foods that are high in protein without crazy amounts of sodium. That **** does taste good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
              Lol I hope you're just trolling, but I do find that kind of funny. If you're serious, then you're a certified ****tard. The **** is so high in sodium, not to mention it's a processed meat so it's basically garbage. There are plenty of foods that are high in protein without crazy amounts of sodium. That **** does taste good though.

It's just a funny thread.

I like to eat prosciutto after training a lot because I'm too tired to cook or prepare anything else. I was eating some yesterday and it felt so good that I had to open a thread.

I know that it's not the healthies but I don't obsess about nutrition as much as some people do, I don't need to worry about my weight and I look good, in shape, not excess fat. I can eat whatever I want.

It tastes good like you said.

Here's another food that I love to eat after training:

I could eat this whole plate on the picture easily after a 3 hour training session. This is the best food on the planet for me.

I love my Balkan food.
              Last edited by RedZmaja; 12-14-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I like to eat prosciutto after training a lot because I'm too tired to cook or prepare anything else. I was eating some yesterday and it felt so good that I had to open a thread.

I know that it's not the healthies but I don't obsess about nutrition as much as some people do, I don't need to worry about my weight and I look good, in shape, not excess fat. I can eat whatever I want.

It tastes good like you said.

Here's another food that I love to eat after training:

I could eat this whole plate on the picture easily after a 3 hour training session. This is the best food on the planet for me.

I love my Balkan food.
                You sure can. You could eat 12,000mg of sodium a day for many years, and still be ripped and in shape. It doesn't mean it's not doing damage to your body long-term though. It may also make you more injury prone. You must be so tough, smart, and special, that none of this applies to you.

Comment

I love my Balkan food.
                  I don't find racism funny.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    I don't find racism funny.
                    Racism? Where the hell do you see any racism here? I guess that's another case of a **** occidentalis seeing racism in everything, like a walking stereotype.
                    Last edited by RedZmaja; 12-15-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X