Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady as #1 P4P is an utter joke, but it's obtainable if he does the following.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady as #1 P4P is an utter joke, but it's obtainable if he does the following.....

He would have to rematch Jacobs and knock him out or win convincingly. Basically he'd have to actually win the fight, and not skate away with a fishy victory.

Then he'd have to go on and beat the winner of Canelo vs Chavez Jr (Canelo obviously). And no robbery stuff either, I'm talking a legit beating.

And last but not least, he'd have to beat someone like Lara or the superior Charlo brother. No skating around tough competition like he has all of his career.

All the while Ward (real P4P #1) would have to actually lose a fight or retire altogether for it to even happen.

I know of an easier way for Gennady to be #2 without doubt. He might even be #1 if he KO's Kovalev...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      I know of an easier way for Gennady to be #2 without doubt. He might even be #1 if KO's Kovalev...

Interesting, but it should be noted that I purposely did not include Kovalev knowing how absolutely terrified Gennady is of moving up in weight. He'd rather get his status by bringing welterweights up and occasionally fighting mediocre middleweights.

It's too bad, I don't think we'll ever see this fight, not even if Kovalev offered to meet at 168. Gennady is just too terrified of putting on a few lbs.

Comment

Ward as #1 P4P is an utter joke but its obtainable if he does the following. He would have to rematch kovalev and knock him out or win convincingly. Basically he'd have to actually win the fight, and not skate away with a fishy decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          Ward as #1 P4P is an utter joke but its obtainable if he does the following. He would have to rematch kovalev and knock him out or win convincingly. Basically he'd have to actually win the fight, and not skate away with a fishy decision.
          Sorry, but Ward already is P4P #1 on every application. Kovalev got whipped.

So a seat, you may take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubia View Post
            Interesting, but it should be noted that I purposely did not include Kovalev knowing how absolutely terrified Gennady is of moving up in weight. He'd rather get his status by bringing welterweights up and occasionally fighting mediocre middleweights.

It's too bad, I don't think we'll ever see this fight, not even if Kovalev offered to meet at 168. Gennady is just too terrified of putting on a few lbs.
            you should watch the video. it's genius work to understand marketing ploys and protecting fighters. Abel talking as if Gennady is in his mid 20s. ''when the time comes...'' - Abel

when Gennady is 40?

Comment

LOL double standards from NUBIA.

Comment

Kovalev got "whipped"??!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's a good one!!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh

Comment

Whipped? In that fight,one fighter got out thrown,outlanded, outboxed,and dropped,and it sure as hell wasnt kovalev.

Comment

He would have to rematch Jacobs and knock him out or win convincingly. Basically he'd have to actually win the fight, and not skate away with a fishy victory.

Then he'd have to go on and beat the winner of Canelo vs Chavez Jr (Canelo obviously). And no robbery stuff either, I'm talking a legit beating.

And last but not least, he'd have to beat someone like Lara or the superior Charlo brother. No skating around tough competition like he has all of his career.

All the while Ward (real P4P #1) would have to actually lose a fight or retire altogether for it to even happen.
                    I never ranked GGG in the top 5 of the P4P list and I'm a GGG fan, but not only, also a boxing fan.

GGG is the best 160 pounders in boxing so he might in the top 15 of the sport.

If GGG rematch Danny and beat him without leaving doubt, then beat Charlo he can claim top 5.

THEN if he beat Canelo then he can claim top 2.

I don't think Ward should be P4P number 1.
                    This is not serious at all.
                    Not fair at all, and think P4P Lomo, Mickey or TC are probably better fighters.

But I get it, it's because he's undefeated.

So chocolatito lost his spot because of a bad decision against a man who was clearly bigger than him as it was 4th choco's division.

I also think Choco beat that Thai guy in a more clear fashion than Ward did vs Kova.

Most people thought Choco won, most people thought Ward lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X